I-693 Medical Exam - Vaccination records

Jajo

Registered Users (C)
Hi ,
My LC has just been approved and I am trying to put together documents for my I485. I also have to get the I-693 medical exam done. I saw a section in it about the vaccination record. I am from India and I am sure most of the people will not have the vaccination records. How is this handled. Any experience is welcome ?

Thanks

vaccines

You can ask them to do give all the vaccines.They will charge you more for medicalS.

Can you please send me the list of documents to file 485 and to which center you are mailing the application if you are doing concurrently?

That is what I am trying to avoid. Money is not at issue as I will get reimbursed anyway but I don't want to take unnecessary vaccines. Anyone around who avoided it and if so how.

Docments that I have been asked to furnish are
Passport Copy,
I94 Copy
Birth Certificate
Marriage Certificate
Copy of spouses I797
Copy of drivers licenses
Copy of social security cards
Experience letters from past employers ( for I140)

Jajo,

I don't understand how you could avoid getting vaccinated. If you don't have records of USCIS required (for your age) immunizations done in the past, you'll have to do them at the civil surgeon's office. That's the whole point of getting I-485 medical examination.

Hi ,
My LC has just been approved and I am trying to put together documents for my I485. I also have to get the I-693 medical exam done. I saw a section in it about the vaccination record. I am from India and I am sure most of the people will not have the vaccination records. How is this handled. Any experience is welcome ?

Thanks

You need to ask your doctor for blood titer. That is a blood test that will determine what diseases you are immune to. If you're 18-40 yo, you need proof of the following immunization:

1. MMR (Measles, Mumps, Rubella)
2. Varicella or Chicken Pox
3. Tetanus or TD

Some USCIS doctors accept HIV and Syphillis test done by your Primary Care Physician, so you need to call several USCIS doctors to inquire.

My USCIS doctor accepted the following:

1. Vaccination record of me having the measles vax.
2. Blood test I had done in 2004 (for another reason), showing immunity to rubella and varicella (I had the rubella vax and had chicken pox as a kid). This was done by my regular doctor.
3. Me just saying I had mumps when I was younger.

I was surprised he didn't ask for proof of immunity for mumps. Then I had to get the TD booster, which was fine by me.

immunization ???

How about Hepatitis B??????? And the Polio/Diphtheria pertussis???????
Also the Influenza B?????

My USCIS doctor accepted the following:

1. Vaccination record of me having the measles vax.
2. Blood test I had done in 2004 (for another reason), showing immunity to rubella and varicella (I had the rubella vax and had chicken pox as a kid). This was done by my regular doctor.
3. Me just saying I had mumps when I was younger.

I was surprised he didn't ask for proof of immunity for mumps. Then I had to get the TD booster, which was fine by me.

Hepatitis B not needed (unless the surgeon feels that you are at high risk)
Polio - is not appropriate for age.
Influenza B (Assume this is the Haemophilus Influenza B or HIB) was also not needed.

Do we require to do TB test

Hi There,

Thanks for posting all the required tests to be done. When I called one of the docter's office to make an appointment the recipetionist suggested to be get as many tests done with my primary doc so that I don't have to pay big fee. In the list that she mentioned she said to do TB test also. Did any of you had to do this test also?? Please let me know.....

Thanks

Looking for reasonable and quick return civil surgeon PA or MD

Hi: Had the vaccinations done. MMR, TD,Chix pox,hepatitis (1x). Still ahve to go back for 2x Hepatiis.
Can someone point me to a doctor in PA or MD that is reasonable and were I still can get the physical done. My lawyer is already preparing papers to beat July 30th deadline for fee increase.
Thanks

Hepatitis B not needed (unless the surgeon feels that you are at high risk)
Polio - is not appropriate for age.
Influenza B (Assume this is the Haemophilus Influenza B or HIB) was also not needed.