I-693 Extension Memo from USCIS

swj

Registered Users (C)
I'm just wondering if any legal experts or anyone else has read this on USCIS's website? I completed my physical, bloodwork, and immunizaton shots 1/2004, and preparing for my interview August 2nd. I was told by the local civil surgeon that I must take the physical, etc, again...but lo and behold we found this information on USCIS's website. Is there anyone out there who can tell me if this is valid info? I don't have any Class A or B illnesses....

http://uscis.gov/graphics/lawsregs/handbook/I693ExtMem10804.pdf

Yes, I have read the memo on USCIS's website. I was having the same question too. I am worse than you. My medical exam was done about 2 1/2 years ago. I just got my interview letter recently. I was so anxious to find out the answer. I tried many sources. I called 1800 number, they told me the medical exam is only valid for a year. The people on the phone is not aware of the extension. I even went in to the local office to ask. But they did not really give me the exact answer I want to hear. They said you can bring a copy of your medical and the letter. But who know if they really still have the sealed envelop in the file. Since I don't want to delay my process, I did the second medical exam.

don't have to retake it as long as it's still in a sealed envelope and your I-485 is pending (or if you submitted it with the AOS papers).