I-551 stamping questions

sk2002sk

Registered Users (C)
Guys,

I have my I-551 stamping on Tuesday. Do we give them the Original I-485 approval notice sent to the lawyer or the Courtesy copy sent to us? Or Both?

I have both with me and was thinking of giving the Original approval notice and keeping the Courtesy copy for my reference. Any opinions?

Other than the above I will give: all APs and all EADs issued due to I-485 pending. Anything else that I am missing as far as the documents go?

I should not give them the EAD that I got for Practical Training as a student, right?

Thanks!
SK...

You don't need the original.
I have to go stamping on Monday myself, so I 'll let you know.I'm bringing a copy of I-485.

It doesn't matter

Which copy you take doesn't matter. In fact, in my case, they gave me the approval notice back after stamping the passport.

I got my passport stamped on 2/28. You don't need the original copy. As a matter fact I only got the courtesy copy. My attorney didn't even send me the original (I didn't even bother to ask him, as that will be another big task to followup with him 20 times before he sends it!). I gave the courtesy copy, I-94's, EAD's and AP's. You need to take your passport of course, infopass appointment notices and two passport photo's. It was mentioned in the approval notice that names and A numbers should be written lightly with a pencil at the back of the pictures. I did that, though they didn't check it. It was a pain in the tail writing on the photos, the surface was very smooth, so it was hard to get a visible print.

Ead

So, do I need to give the EAD that I got while I was a student in a U.S. University. That EAD was for Practical Training (not related to this I-485 filling).

Do you need the lawyer with you at stamping?

Just got my email approval notice (aug 2003).

Guess stamping is just a piece of cake. Any questions asked during the
stamping? Any need for the presence of a lawyer? (I already paid it; might
as well use the service, I figured, if it is needed. ;)