I 551 Stamping and 751 pending

Jasubhan189

Hi,
my two years conditional GC got expired and even the 18 months extension letter after that is also expired. I just got i-551 stamp on my passport. I went to RMV to get learners permit, but their system could not verify my stamp. they did not let me to give the exam. Has anyone ever had this issue with them ? Is it safe to travel internationally with i-551 stamp?
Thank you very much for your help.

I551 stamp is good for return to US from international travel. Be aware that if you usually use a US visa to exempt from another country visa (for example to exempt from UK transit visa), then the I551 stamp may not be acceptable for this. But it is always acceptable for re-entry into US.

I551 stamp is good for return to US from international travel. Be aware that if you usually use a US visa to exempt from another country visa (for example to exempt from UK transit visa), then the I551 stamp may not be acceptable for this. But it is always acceptable for re-entry into US.
Thank you so much for your reply. What could be the best option to travel via which country?

Thank you for your reply. but why RMV people could not take i 551 stamp?

I have no idea, presumably your state regulations on what is acceptable, I answered the question about whether it was good to travel internationally. One use has nothing to do with the other.

Thank you so much for your reply. What could be the best option to travel via which country?

There are a couple of hundred countries you could be flying to, how could I possibly know which route is best? Anyway if you don’t have a proper green card then you can either fly direct, or check what is required for your transit country and get a transit visa if you need one.

Hi,
i have a i 551 stamp on my passport. i am planning to travel overseas. Do i need i 485 also to re-enter the USA? PLease advise.
Thanks