I-551 stamp without passport and I-94

GC_SEARCH

Registered Users (C)
I have an appointment for I-551 stamping on Monday 12/27 but I don't have passport and I-94 with me. Are these two documents mandatory for stamping ?

Please advise.

551 stamping means passport stamping. What are you planning to have stamped if you don't have a passport? In addition, the approval notice clearly lists your passport and I-94 as required documents for stamping.

Passport is not must for I-551 stamp

GC_Search,

Passport is not must for I-551 stamping and you can absolutely get the stamping done if you bring one additional ADIT type photograph and USCIS officer will stamp 551 on a seperate card. All you need is a photo ID to prove your identity.

Thanks.

Thanks for replying guys.

Approval notice says in case of no valid passport bring an additional photograph.

What about I-94 ? I don't have original I-94 either.

Amcom,

I am travelling via germany so I need transit visa because I-551 stamp is not recognized by germany. They want to see actual plastic card. I applied for transit visa 10 days before but I still haven't got it back. Meanwhile I got approval notice for I-485 and have an appointment on Monday. I am supposed to travel on 28'th. But now everything is messed up !!!