I-539: change to F1 processing time

rj289

Registered Users (C)
Hi,

Vermont's processing-time table as of April 7th 2005 shows that the last I-539 ("to For M") processed had the receipt date of March 12th 2005. Mine has a receipt date close to March 12th, but it hasn't apparently been considered yet. Has anyone whose application was recieved after March 12th heard back yet? Please post your receipt date and approved date, if you filed an I-539 (to switch to F1) at Vermont in the recent past.

Thanks.

rj289 said:
Hi,

Vermont's processing-time table as of April 7th 2005 shows that the last I-539 ("to For M") processed had the receipt date of March 12th 2005. Mine has a receipt date close to March 12th, but it hasn't apparently been considered yet. Has anyone whose application was recieved after March 12th heard back yet? Please post your receipt date and approved date, if you filed an I-539 (to switch to F1) at Vermont in the recent past.

Thanks.

Mine was April 11 and it was approved on May 04

What was the time gap between getting the approval notice and the stamped I20. I got my approval notice, but I 20 has not yet reached.

Thanks,

H4 to F1 status change

HI!
I am in a bit of a complicated situation regarding my visa staus change from H4 to F1. I guess that you might have received your status change by now.could you please tell me your receipt date and by when you received your status change.It would help me a lot.Thank you:)

I dont remember my receipt date but I had an RFE. I think I got the RFE 3 week after my recepit date. After I responded to the RFE I got the approval notice and I-20 in about 4 weeks. The approval notice and I 20 come seperately. In my case, i got the my approval notice 10 days after I got my I-20. Hope this helps.

Thanks for the replies. I haven't gotten the I 20. I got my approval notice within 4 days of the online status update. It took pretty long for me..almost 4 months for approval from the receipt date, NO RFE was asked for too. No reason for the delay was given. Some say that they just don't bother to mail the I20 back in many cases.