I-485RFE: Tax return Question

485virginia

Registered Users (C)
I understand that for i-485 it is better to submit w-2 and tax return for the last two year. I was not able to find my old tax retun papers. I went to the local IRS office and they gave me a transcript of last two year taxes on a plain paper with a IRS stamp on it. Will that work for the INS or I have a chance of getting a RFE on this.
If chances for getting a rfe is more then I will appy for the real transscriptg to the IRS. Any thoughts on this is appreciated.

OK

What do you mean by transcript on a plain paper?

But anyway you will be fine because it has IRS stamp on it.
Usually tax returns or w-2 \'s are not required to file with 485.
In order to avoid any future rfe\'s most of them file with 485.

In either of the cases you will be fine

Naveen

Thank you

IRS provides the transcript in two ways
(1) You can request a photocopy of the actual return that you filed with the IRS;
(2) You can obtain a computer transcript of the information that was listed on the tax return that was filed with the IRS

I have done the number 2. For no 1. one has to weight for two month and send a fee for $23.00. So I was thinking before getting the RFE should I applied for No 2 option or not.

Thanks any way

You are fine

INS accepts any piece of information,Ususally as I told you
tax returns are not required for filing 485.INS requests in some cases
not to become public charge.It all depends on the officer and our luck whether to request any rfe for tax returns.But in any case you will be fine because you have provided the transcripts.So do not worry
and sleep well.