I-485!

sur2003

Registered Users (C)
May I know how soon will the interview date be or stamping date alloted after I-485 is approved? Thanks!

Dude,

If you have an approved I485 you should be able to just walk-in to the local INS office during the time frame and days mentioned on the I485 approval and get your passport stamped. You will need have your approval notice, EAD (if you applied for one), AP (If you applied for one), two photographs and your I94. You will be asked to handover these documents and passport, the passport will be returned with the stamp. You will also be asked to sign and put your fingerprint on the form for the plastic card. Thats all!!

Hope this helps.

gcfasttrack

Time Frame!

Do they give a month time or a specific date after approval to go to the local INS office? I have to go to my country soon & I am worried what if I am given a time before my return? Thanks!

Sur2003
there is no time frame--it all depends on your priorities. If getting your passport stamped asap is not a priority then you sit back and relax. However, if you want to go home you need to get the stamp dude, if it's a priority to come back.

What's up Sur2003?

On April 22 - you want to know if you can get passport stamped or you need to wait for an appointment.

On April 25 - per your posting, you are worried about getting an RFE for not having immunizations due to pregnancy.

Do you have your I-485 approved or not?

Not yet approved!

"cause of my travel plans I had few doubts. If I get an RFE when not in town then there will be a delay to send reply to RFE.

Sur2003
That's pretty common knowledge--if you receive rfe when you are out of town obviously you won't be bale to respond to it!

Yes dude...

It's pretty common knowledge that there will be a delay to reply when not in town. My question is will there be any specific date to reply to RFE? If approved without getting RFE will there be any specific date given to get a stamp?(Like Finger Prints date)?

Hey I do know my priorities. I have AP to travel. Thanks for your response though.