I-485?

yvesliu

Registered Users (C)
My PD is July, 2000, I-485 ND is Aug, 2004, and my I-140 was approved in June 2005. My case is Eb2.

All my co-workers' I-485 were approved months ago, and when should I see my approval?

From what I have seen so far, I predict that you will get your I-485 approval this month or next month for sure. Of course, this is assuming EB2 visa number do not retrogress!

edealfan said:
From what I have seen so far, I predict that you will get your I-485 approval this month or next month for sure. Of course, this is assuming EB2 visa number do not retrogress!

Thanks. This did give me some hope. :) Even if EB2 retrogresses, my PD is in 2000. Will that be affected?

yvesliu,
I am in a similar situation. My PD is may 2001.
In april my I-140 got approved. along with a co-worker.
His I-485 got approved in may.
But I am still waiting.

don't set your expectation too high

yvesliu said:
Does not look that good anymore.
Your PD is very early, and even if EB2 has retro, I don't think you'll be affected.

However, GC approval is so unpredictable, especially after introducing the stupid name check. So don't set your expectation too high. My 485 RD is Feb 2003, but stuck in name check for 22 months.

Good luck.

usrfdluj said:
Your PD is very early, and even if EB2 has retro, I don't think you'll be affected.

However, GC approval is so unpredictable, especially after introducing the stupid name check. So don't set your expectation too high. My 485 RD is Feb 2003, but stuck in name check for 22 months.

Good luck.

My case status changed in Sep, 2004 to "On September 20, 2004, the results of your fingerprint review for your I485 Application to Register Permanent Residence or to Adjust Status were received, and processing has resumed on your case. We will mail you a notice if further action is needed, or when a decision is made.". Does that mean Name check is done?

No, that just means that your fingerprints are done, the namecheck is a separate process.

updates!

Do they actually update about everything related to I-485 such as
1.getting FP report
2.Getting Name Check done.
3. Notice of Biometric

as my colleauge got just one mail abt I-485 approval without getting these updates

My status message never changed from the "sent you a notice to appear for fingerprinting" until I got approved.

Wait for a month or two before you call USCIS. Even if your application is stuck under "FBI name check" there is nothing you can do as the current published I-485 processing dates for NSC are toward the end of 2003. Not everyone is stuck under Name check process. Hopefully, you will get your approval in a couple of months. Relax and keep your fingers crossed :)

yvesliu said:
Should I contact INS about if my name check is done? If so, how can I do that?

edealfan said:
Wait for a month or two before you call USCIS. Even if your application is stuck under "FBI name check" there is nothing you can do as the current published I-485 processing dates for NSC are toward the end of 2003. Not everyone is stuck under Name check process. Hopefully, you will get your approval in a couple of months. Relax and keep your fingers crossed :)

the processing date is end of 2003. Which date does that refer to? Priority date? Receive date or Notice date?

Also, you status looks like 485's LUD has been changing. Mine stayed there since Sep 2004 when my EAD was approved.

yvesliu,

I was referring to the processing dates published at
https://egov.immigration.gov/cris/jsps/Processtimes.jsp?SeviceCenter=Nebraska

These processing dates normally refer to Priority Dates. From what I have read, your priority date must be listed either on your I-140 receipt notice or approval notice. My I-140 LUD changed because of my I-485 applications were sent afterwards (Semi-Concurrent). I believe I have to wait at least a year or maybe two years (if I am unlucky) before I can see my I-485 approval.

Also, it looks like LUD is very reliable based on several experiences here. Many people got their approvals and plastic cards without any change in their LUDs. That being said, if there is an LUD change, it means that an officer touched your application for some reason.

yvesliu said:
the processing date is end of 2003. Which date does that refer to? Priority date? Receive date or Notice date?

Also, you status looks like 485's LUD has been changing. Mine stayed there since Sep 2004 when my EAD was approved.

If these dates are priority dates, mine is back in 2000. (At least that is on my I140 approval notice). Should I contact USCIS right away? Or should I ask my lawyer?

edealfan said:
yvesliu,

I was referring to the processing dates published at
https://egov.immigration.gov/cris/jsps/Processtimes.jsp?SeviceCenter=Nebraska

These processing dates normally refer to Priority Dates. From what I have read, your priority date must be listed either on your I-140 receipt notice or approval notice. My I-140 LUD changed because of my I-485 applications were sent afterwards (Semi-Concurrent). I believe I have to wait at least a year or maybe two years (if I am unlucky) before I can see my I-485 approval.

Also, it looks like LUD is very reliable based on several experiences here. Many people got their approvals and plastic cards without any change in their LUDs. That being said, if there is an LUD change, it means that an officer touched your application for some reason.

Sorry, I just checked the link. It says Receipt Processing date. Mine is in 2004. :)