I-485

BARORA

Registered Users (C)
Freinds,
I filed my I-485 in Sep 2001.
My lawyer did not ask me to go for the medical exams, so I did not
get the medical exams done. Now I came to know that, medical examination
is needed for filing I-485. Has any body faced this kind of issue before.
Please advice ASAP.

Thanks

Do as follows:

First blame your lawyer who is so uneducated and unliterated.
Second wait for the RFE (an alternative for this point: do physical exam and send the results to INS, referring your 485 case).

Submit Medical result during finger print

The letter that comes during FP ask to add any document that might not added before. So submit medical result during FP.

I have the same experience

My lawyer also asked me not to submit the medical exam with 485 but wait until the FP notice. But most major companies\' lawyers do ask their clients provide the medical exam results together with the 485 application. The reason is that now 485 takes usually less than a year so the medical would still be valid; also people said the chance of losing documents on the INS side is much larger if you send stuff in several different mails.

-ud

No Title

Hi,
Thanks for sharing your experience.
So, where do we stand now?
Should I wait for the RFE on I-485 and then submit the medical
certificate?
What did you do?
Please reply ASAP.

tHANKS

Is medicals valid only for an year?

Upside Down, your posting indicates that is so. Most of the approvals take longer than an year. Can somebody please confirm how long medicals are valid?

Medical is valid for 1 year and forever

Medical is valid for 1 year from the date you are examined and this validity is considered only for applying I-485.

Once Medical docs are sent to INS along or after I-485 apllication , it is valid forever.

This is my understanding.

-jericho02

Validity

jericho02 is right.

The medical validity of 1 yr. is only relevant at the time of FILING for the I-485.

After that, it is good no matter how long the I-485 adjudication takes.