I-485 Waiting for Derivative???

Hey StillAlive,
I have no complaints man :) All this time I was thinking USCIS follows FIFO model. Just came to know via your posting that it is not the case.

Please update us with new information you come across for derivative cases.

thanks,

Couple of weeks back I was told in the Infopass everything looks good for myself and my spouse. When I called TSC IO today about my spouse case, IO (she) is telling internal background check is pending.

Hey StillAlive,
I have no complaints man :) All this time I was thinking USCIS follows FIFO model. Just came to know via your posting that it is not the case.

Please update us with new information you come across for derivative cases.

thanks,

I got approval notice for both my kids today, when enquired yesterday by the senator office, I got a reply to wait for 120 days! Though the senators office was angry about this and was about to ask for more details from USCIS, things turned around, and we got the approvals.
I strongly believe that contacting USCIS gives us more frustration than any remedy.
I wish all who are waiting for their derivatives approvals will get it soon.

You are right good_y. I was told that my wife's case is in NSC and asked to contact them. It happened last week and I got the approval this week. How is it? we cannot take their (officers) words as it is.

I am not worried anymore

My wife got a magic email today. Card is ordered.

mine(primary) was approved on June 11th, 2007, and today we got an email for my wife's case.

We are very happy. Thanks to all the community here for the support and information.

Case Details: EB2, PD 12/2003; applied I485 on Sep 2005. TSC.

Note: Her EAD is still pending after 2.5 months.

Congrats priceline, hoping my waiting also ends here

My wife got a magic email today. Card is ordered.

mine(primary) was approved on June 11th, 2007, and today we got an email for my wife's case.

We are very happy. Thanks to all the community here for the support and information.

Case Details: EB2, PD 12/2003; applied I485 on Sep 2005. TSC.

Note: Her EAD is still pending after 2.5 months.

HI all,

Here is the latest update. Yesterday finally I received the Physical green card for my wife with welcome notice.

congratulations madgu-gc2005. Finally your wait is over.
In BTW I noticed you are in EB-1 category.
If you dont mind, can I know your qualifications.

I am in EB2/India category. I am curious to know what qualification are minimum for EB-1?

Approval

received my approval on 10/19/07 and today I received my Physical Green Card in Mail. Nothing is updated online. It still shows case received and pending. Finally our journey is over.

Thanks to Mrs. Bush too. I did receive a reply from FBI in Mid August saying that they will try to process the name check ASAP.

Thanks to all of you .

Wish you all good luck and hope that you will get your GC's faster.

restaring the thread....

received my approval on 10/19/07 and today I received my Physical Green Card in Mail. Wish you all good luck and hope that you will get your GC's faster.
this thread was very useful for the folks whose spouse's I-485 was pending, but looks like all the memebrs of this thread had their I-485 got approved therefor there are no messages since last year.
I am restarting the thread for all the people (including me) whose spouse's I-485 ARE PENDING (while the primary' s I-485 are approved). I had mine I-485 got approved just last week and was expcting that my qwife's application will also be processed at the same time but it didnot happen, Then I searched the forum for similar instances and found out that I am not alone. I will be updating the forum on this issue from now on as my wife's I-485 progresses. In the meantime, I have following questions:
1. We are planing to visit home country next month. Our (both y wife and myself) Advance parole was applied in last week of decemebr 2008 is still pending. As most likely i will receive my GC prior to that, I wont be needing AP. My question is, does my wife would be travel on AP despite the fact that I would be accompanying her on GC?
2. What course of action I can take at this moment to expedite my wife's application. By seraching the threads in this forum, it seems like nothing except waiting. I am thinking of using senator/congressman approach if I donot hear anything by march 2009 about my wife's case.
3. As you can see in my signature, there are soft LUD on my wife's I-485 recently, does this mean anything or is it just FP ordering related LUD. (Any guessing will be helpful). Her FP date is scheduled for coming wednusday (02/11/2009) in code 1 category.
good luck to all memebrs who are in the similar situation and plz post it here to revitalize the thread.

Wrong info on GC

As I posted a while ago, my spouse got his approval emails after a 4yr wait. We finally received the GC by mail last week. Now the problem is that on this card, under the "resident since" column, they list our PD (Nov. 9 2004) and not the date of approval (Jan 26th 2009).
Our lawyer thinks it is not a bbig deal and we can ignore this error.
I feel like we should take steps to correct it. Does anyone know how to go about this?

Thanks.

where are you from

Anya4ever,
Are you from India or some other country?

As I posted a while ago, my spouse got his approval emails after a 4yr wait. We finally received the GC by mail last week. Now the problem is that on this card, under the "resident since" column, they list our PD (Nov. 9 2004) and not the date of approval (Jan 26th 2009).
Our lawyer thinks it is not a bbig deal and we can ignore this error.
I feel like we should take steps to correct it. Does anyone know how to go about this?

Thanks.

Wife's GC approved

Our greencard journey is finally over. Just received email that my wife's case has been approved. My case was approved in late 2007 but we have been waiting since then for her approval. Here are our details:
EB3 India
PD: Sept 2001
I-140 RD March 2004 AD Oct 2004.
My I-485 RD: March 2004
Wife I-485 RD: June 2004
I-485 AD: Sept 2007 (self)
I-485 AD: 2/12/2009 (wife) -- Received Card Production ordered email

I am restarting the thread for all the people (including me) whose spouse's I-485 ARE PENDING (while the primary' s I-485 are approved)........
congratulations to any4evr and jay4.. for your spouse GC approval. To update, my spouse GC approved just second day after her second FP, plz see signature for details. I beleive, LUD on 02/03/09 was when USCIS opened my spouse file and then put on hold as FP was not done. FP was done yesterday at the scheduled time and today we have an update that GC ordered. Good luck to all other memebrs whouse spouse I-485 is pending after primary's approval. Plz keep this thread alive as derrivative's I-485 is as important and worrysome as the primary's one. I wish GL to all of you.:):):)

Priority date

Sorry for the late response. We are both from India. Any thoughts on what we should do?
Congratulations to all who got their spouses' approvals

Hi,
i.e. ok. In that case, what is the priority date of applications.
Please see my signature. I am close to your case I suppose.
Thanks,

The I140 approvals were in EB2 (NIW) and EB1/EA (see signature). I485 got linked to NIW, so I believe the date of receipt (11/09/04) is the PD.
As per your signature, you are a different category (EB3), right?

Hi,
i.e. ok. In that case, what is the priority date of applications.
Please see my signature. I am close to your case I suppose.
Thanks,

jouney in the middle

The I140 approvals were in EB2 (NIW) and EB1/EA (see signature). I485 got linked to NIW, so I believe the date of receipt (11/09/04) is the PD.
As per your signature, you are a different category (EB3), right?

That means, my kids are not close. Probably my kids are in the middle of their i-485 journey.
Thanks,