I-485 vaccine

ar sr

Registered Users (C)
Hi,
Does anybody know where to get Td (tetanus-diphtheria) vaccine in bay area?
There seems to be a nationwide shortage, not likely to end soon. The lawyer says if i dont get it now and show it in the immunization records, INS will issue a RFE later.
Any ideas.
Thanks in advance.

It is a shortage but

you can attach a letter from CDC(center for disease control) which says you don\'t have to take the vaccine because of shortage.The letter should be available with the IMMI--doctor

No Title

You can get Td in Okland, Alemad county office. I dont remember name of office but its located on 27th Ave in downtown oakland

DO we need TD

Is there anybody on this group, who got approval, without Td? Or Did anybody get a RFE for Td

Thanks,

No Title

You can get it from amny of the Kaiser hospitals if you have your medical insurance from Kaiser

From Immigration-law.com/Automatic TD vaccine waiver

Updated 08/24/01: Automatic Waiver of Tetanus Vaccination for 485 Medical Exam

People must have learned through the media that in this country, there is a severe shortage of Tetanus Vaccine. This vaccination is required for the 485 medical clearance, though.
The AILA teleconference with the INS HQ reflects that the requirement for vaccination that contains tetanus will be temporarily waived automatically until September 30, 2001. The Civil Surgeons who conduct the green card medical examination should be made aware of the current INS policy. People who face any civil surgeons who are ignorant of the INS policy and refuse to complete medical report should be reminded of the minute of AILA-INS/ISD Teleconference dated 08/09/2001.

got Td vaccine from travel clinic of Santa Clara PHD

Had the Td vaccine done from:
Santa Clara Public Health Department Travel Clinic & immunizations:
In SFO Bay Area:
Park Alameda,
976 Lenzen Ave, #1300
San jose, CA
(www.scctravelclinic.org)
just tell them you are travelling to asia (india etc) and they charge $20 for consultation + $27 for Td shot. you can also get TB skin test done for $10 extra and they give you an official immunization record with all noted.
Maybe there is an official waiver but my lawyer said they could give an RFE for that. Also, depends on what is in effect at the time the INS officer actually views your case! Note that above guideline is only till Sept. 2001.

Thanks.