I-485 Transfers To Charlotte,NC

ncgirl

Registered Users (C)
Hello Everyone,
I have noticed that there is very little information for I-130 cases and also transfers to local offices.I would like to begin this new thread for people whose cases have been transferred to Charlotte,North Carolina.Please if you fall in this category can you post on here with your details so others can benefit...thanks a lot!!!

Last edited by a moderator:
Do you mean cases have been transfered back from MSC/NBC to Charlotte office or cases have been transfered from other office to Charlotte and then MSC/NBC?

I believe the processing time for I485 is June 6,2003 in Charlotte.
ncgirl said:
Hello Everyone,
I have noticed that there is very little information for I-130 cases and also transfers to local offices.I would like to begin this new thread for people whose cases have been transferred to Charlotte,North Carolina.Please if you fall in this category can you post on here with your details so others can benefit...thanks a lot!!!

yes...any case at all that is currently in Charlotte office...there is no info about people's experiences in Charlotte...thanks for posting...is yours in Charlotte?

Yes, mine is in Charlotte office.

Here is the time line:

Filed I-130/I-485 to Charlotte 9/5/03, all files were to MSC/NBC
Notice Date 10/26/03

Filed AP and EAD to Charlotte 7/1/04, RD 7/26 from MSC

So far, only AP is approved. No words for EAD and I-485. Hope I can get EAD before my H1 expiredso I don't have to get a interim one.

I heard people said that since it's election year, they are trying to get more naturalization done, and that will definitely delay our application.

It used to take only 6 months to 1 year to get GC before the MSC/NBC thing. :eek:

ncgirl said:
yes...any case at all that is currently in Charlotte office...there is no info about people's experiences in Charlotte...thanks for posting...is yours in Charlotte?

Hi Puzzled,
I really appreciate you posting here and keeping this thread alive....my timeline is rather recent..lol....

I-130 ND 9/30/04
I-765 ND 9/27/04
I485 transferred to Charlotte 10/12/04

Things seem to be fast this year..I hope the naturalization doesn't really slow things down...

You said I-485 was transfered to Charlotte, from where? MSC/NBC? How do you know it has been transfered? Does that mean it is close to get interview?

I don't know if mine is still in MSC/NBC or back to Charlotte.

ncgirl said:
Hi Puzzled,
I really appreciate you posting here and keeping this thread alive....my timeline is rather recent..lol....

I-130 ND 9/30/04
I-765 ND 9/27/04
I485 transferred to Charlotte 10/12/04

Things seem to be fast this year..I hope the naturalization doesn't really slow things down...

My Timeline

I130/I485/I131 filed in Charlotte on July 6th 2004

ND from NBC/MO : 15th July 2004
AP Approved from NBC/MO: 16th Aug 2004
Waiting for any other notification. Don't files are still in NBC or have been transferred back to Charlotte.

- Ral2004

Charlotte NC Time Line Update

Just wanted to update my case so people who applied in the same time line in Charlotte may have a clue.

I received the interview letter for I-485 from MSC Oct 27, 2004, receive date is 10/23/2003, so it took about a year.

My interview date is set on Jan. 4, 2005. I have been married for over two years now, bought a house, filed tax together for the last two years, so I don't worry about the interview, but not sure if my background name checking has been completed, till today, it does not get updated online to show that they received the fingerprint result.

I'll start to collect all the evidents and copies. Do I need to get another medical exam since the last one was done a year and half ago?

Puzzled said:
Yes, mine is in Charlotte office.

Here is the time line:

Filed I-130/I-485 to Charlotte 9/5/03, all files were to MSC/NBC
Notice Date 10/26/03

Filed AP and EAD to Charlotte 7/1/04, RD 7/26 from MSC

So far, only AP is approved. No words for EAD and I-485. Hope I can get EAD before my H1 expiredso I don't have to get a interim one.

I heard people said that since it's election year, they are trying to get more naturalization done, and that will definitely delay our application.

It used to take only 6 months to 1 year to get GC before the MSC/NBC thing. :eek:

Hi Puzzled...
I am so so happy for you..this is great news...Please let us know how it goes...where u given an RFE for medical?If it wasn't mentioned at all in the letter that u need to do another medical why bother?If you are in serious doubt I suggest you ask those who have been there recently or your lawyer if you used one....we will be looking forward to news of how your interview went....

Also,u did not mention if your 130 has been approved before you were called for interview...and I thought NBC will send the files back to Charlotte for them to schedule interview it seems in your case NBC took care of it all the way...
Cheers!

Aos Interview At Charlotte.

Hi ncgirl

Married to a USC in 2002 Spouse filed I-130 at TSC Mesquite in March 2002
Arrived USA on k-3 in Feb 2003
Filed AOS in Sep 2003 at Charlotte
With regard to I-130 received NOA in FEB 2004 stating that 2 expedite the process my case has been transffered 2 Chicago IL.But on contact with the congressman he informed me that my case is at NBC.when i checked my portfolio i was amazed 2 c that both my I-130 and I-485 got updated in the month of AUGUST and OCTOBER so i was sure of hearing some thing from the INS and as expected i got my NOA I-797C last month directing me to appear 4 the AOS INTERVIEW.
Received I-797c INTERVIEW LETTER 4 AOS in OCT2004

If any one who appeared for the k-3 family based interview plzzz post ur experiences.Iam appearing for the interview this month at charlotte office.I'd post my experience. posting ur interview experiences would well be appreciated.Hope this info may be help others.

devss

ncgirl, thanks for your wishes, I hope you and others get it soon too.

Regarding the medical exam, in the letter, it only says:
" If you have not already submitted, bring in a completed(Form I-693 and vaccination supplement in a sealed envelope. "

I heard some people say you need to get another one, some don't. I'll let you know how the interview goes.

My I-130 has not been approved yet, it will get adjusted together with I-485.

ncgirl said:
Hi Puzzled...
I am so so happy for you..this is great news...Please let us know how it goes...where u given an RFE for medical?If it wasn't mentioned at all in the letter that u need to do another medical why bother?If you are in serious doubt I suggest you ask those who have been there recently or your lawyer if you used one....we will be looking forward to news of how your interview went....

Also,u did not mention if your 130 has been approved before you were called for interview...and I thought NBC will send the files back to Charlotte for them to schedule interview it seems in your case NBC took care of it all the way...
Cheers!

Thank u all for sharing your info with us....it is really inspirational...I think the introduction of NBC for family based is a really good idea,as it seems it makes things faster....all the best with your interviews!can't wait to hear about them....
Cheers!

Hi Again,
I want to ask puzzled and devvs...did u get finger prints notices from NBC or from Charlotte,also what was the time frame?

I am awaiting finger prints notices for EAD and 485...I am confused about the processing(stage by stage) of EADs by the way...please help me out..thanks

I am not quite sure if I understand your question, but I'll try to answer in my case.

I got I-485 and later EAD notice from NBC, it asks for fingerprint and biometrics. From what I understand, if the result from FBI, your online status for I-485 will be updated saying that the result returns and process for I-485 resumes, mine has never updated(I had my finger print and biometrics done in 11/2003, I am little worried if it's been sent to different service center since I had my done in different location than it's designated).

For EAD, you won't see anything change except that you will notice your file been "touched" if you set up the profile, mine took about two weeks.

ncgirl said:
Hi Again,
I want to ask puzzled and devvs...did u get finger prints notices from NBC or from Charlotte,also what was the time frame?

I am awaiting finger prints notices for EAD and 485...I am confused about the processing(stage by stage) of EADs by the way...please help me out..thanks

Hi Puzzled,
Thanks a lot...my EAD question was actually about how it is processed or what I should expect(especially finger print wise)..that is,from receipt notice till the card arrives...thank you

Here is the time line for my EAD

RN July 26, 2004
Fingerprint date Aug 17
Online update for my I-765 a week later(no email or online status change)
Email from USCIS saying ordered my card Sept 25
Another email saying case is approved and ead card was mailed on Sept 29

Card received 3 days later.

ncgirl said:
Hi Puzzled,
Thanks a lot...my EAD question was actually about how it is processed or what I should expect(especially finger print wise)..that is,from receipt notice till the card arrives...thank you

I130/I485/I131/I765 - transferred to MSC

RD: 10/20/2004
FP: 10/26/2004
FP Updated: 11/03/2004

any idea, When i can expect my I-131 approved?

Thanks so much Puzzled..that' s a lot of insight....my LUD chnaged yesterday though the message did not so i guess i;ll be receiving my FP notice in a few days...

ami03...thanks for sharing..I think 131 is processed within 60 days but you know with CIS you never can tell..it may come earlier than 60 days it may be more...just keep praying and holding faith...please remember to keep us posted of your progress...
Cheers!

pls help why the delay?

ral2004 said:
I130/I485/I131 filed in Charlotte on July 6th 2004

ND from NBC/MO : 15th July 2004
AP Approved from NBC/MO: 16th Aug 2004
Waiting for any other notification. Don't files are still in NBC or have been transferred back to Charlotte.

- Ral2004

Hi,
I have long sentin my I-130, and I-485 plus EAD applications, since the 28th of september.
I-130 fee has long been cashed since the 12th of October, by California and I-485 sent to Local office.
Up till now I have not received any notice of application for the I-130.
I was once on J1, and recently divorced before marry my USC husband. Could this be the reason for the long delay?
Pls help.
Upchurch