I-485 transferred to New York

anotherlongwaiter

Registered Users (C)
Does anyone know how long an interview would take to be scheduled in New York? My I-485 case was transferred to New York recently after a long wait of 2 years. Is there anything I can do? Is there any immigration liason office that I might be able to contact?

thanks

Me too, An I-485 Interview in NY

I have a very similar situation. It has been pending for 1 and a half years before the VM has changed.

I called both INS in VSC (1802-527-4913) and the NY Local office (212 264-5650) and they both gave consitent answers: "It may very well take more than 2 months" is what they told me. They did NOT give me any specific date.

They also told me you will receive a letter that details the documents required, date and time of the interview.

regarding NY interview.

cligsman, thanks for answering. I was told it could take any where between 6 months to 30 months! (1 800 375 5283). Is this the same as the 212 264 5650, \'cause when I call the 212 number, the voicemail directs me to the 1-800 number. Really tired of this wait.

See www.web.syr.edu

Please see that site for more info. For e,g., get an idea about the documents needed.

Based on the site above, I think the interview takes 2 to 3 months after your case has been transferred. But my lawyer does not know how long it would take. INS mentioned that because of the coming holidays, it will take longer than usual but she did not indicate anything specific at all.

Yes, when I called I was referred to the 800 number.

Just keep asking questions and stay prepared. This board is very helpful. It seems that Employment Based Interviewers don\'t usually deny the GCs. But now I am not giving you facts but what I heard from this board.

Good Luck

Guys - I have few questions for u

Guys, First let me apologize if you think these questions are irrelevant. But I am also waiting for my 485 for almost 1 and 1/2 years and I am worried that my case might be transferred also. I really appreciate if you could please answer these questions.
1) Did u come to US on F1 visas (as students) ?
2) Did u change your jobs during the 485 process ?
3) Do u live in Connecticut ?

Recently there was an RFE in my case which I responded to. But till now nothing happend. I am very worried and I am not sure if at all my case is transferred whether it will be transferred to Hartford CT or to NweYork NY. Hartford might be quicker in doing the interview. So I really appreciate if you could please answer these questions.

Again sorry if you think these are selfish questions... but with no help from my attorney and company I am left to find information on my own.

TRANSFERD 485 CASE.

MY CASE WAS TRANSFERD TO NY SOME TIME IN AUG-01 NO NEWS YET.
I THINK THERE IS NO WAY TO FIND OUT. SO IAM JUST WATING.
IF I GET ANY INFO FROM LOCAL INS. I WILL POST IT.

RRSUNNY1, anotherlogwaiter and cligsman all what is you RDs and NDs? Thanks.

No Title

1. I was not on F-1.
2. I did not change a job.
3. I am in CT and been transfered to hartford after RF Nov.I 2001.
Hope you can find out some thing.

I am in the same boat

My case was transferred to NY NY on Oct 17th no news yet. Is that
above web site address is right because I did not get through.
Please post the right address

It\'s only a temperory site

It is now not working indeed. It\'s purpose is over so I guess it has been removed from the server.