I-485 transferred to local office - what action should be taken?

Malik650, what are your details? Can you post your rd/nd, fp, EB etc.? When was your case transferred to Miami? I've spoken to local immigration lawyer here in Tampa today on the phone, and he thinks it must be an error on TSC part to transfer the case to Miami. He says case should have been transfer to Tampa since they have jurisdiction over my case. Any truth to that statement? He wants me to write to TSC and Miami office requesting my case transfer to Tampa office from Miami.

However, learning that your online message indicates the mere reason for case transfer to Miami is to speed up processing, I am rethinking the request for case transfer to Tampa since they are working on I485 rd Jan 2001 while Miami working Oct 2002.

Finally, does your online message give you any phone number to contact Miami district office? Thanks for your help.

saprano

my i485 rd''nd :apr:02 fp mars 03 Iwas transferred on dec 02 the phone number miami office:{305} 536-5741. I think the phone dosnt work . let me knew if you do somting, Thanks.

maomao88, are you from Miami? Could you please post the link of Miami District Office web page where you made appointment? Wishing you best for the interview. Thanks.

Yes, I am from Miami.
The web link to make an appointment to check the case status is:
http://www.bcis-fla.com/

I have a friend who's case is transfered to Miami first, then got transfered from Miami to West Palm Beach after 6 months. So, it's possible that the case can be transfered again from the local to local.

Hi,
My lawyer sent my transfer notice today to me:

The transfer notice says like that:

"In order to speed processing we have transferred your case to the local office for processing."

Does this mean they are transferring cases to local centers for faster processing?

Dear friends,

If your case is transferred , then the local office (am sure about miami atleast) is taking 16-18 months to process your application/call for interview. I am waiting for the 19th month.. and have not heard from the local office regd my i-485.

And if u are in tampa, most likely after a few months your case will be transfered to tampa/orland(your regional office) -so u are better off contacting the Miami office asap so that they transfer now rather than later after a few monthe (after 18 months i the worst case???)

Rgds,
gokulanand

My interview experience

I have the appointment for interview on 1/13/04 at 11:00 AM. I got to Miami INS at 10:00 AM, hoped that they might call me in earlier. The officer came out to call me at 11:00 AM. He is a Hispanic male officer. He asked me where is your husband? I told him that my husband's appointment is on 1/15/04, although he is my derivative, supposely we should be interviewed together. Then he asked me where is my lawyer? I told him that my lawyer thought it's not necessary for him to come with me. Then we start the interview, he just asked where I am working now, what I am doing at my job, although my I-140 was approved for NIW, which doesn't require a job offer, I still have my employer's letter ready, and he did ask for it. Then he took the stamp from his desk and stamped my passport. The whole process took about 15 minutes.
I went to Miami INS again on 1/15/04 with my husband at 8:00 AM, it was the same officer, he still remember me, we offered all the documents to prove the marriage is a real marriage, since we just got married a week before I file I-485. He also granted my husband permanent residence, stamped his pssport, the whole process took about 15 minutes.
I hope everybody good luck with this last step to green card.