I-485 Transferred to local INS office in Houston from NSC

Ashish Tripathi

Hi,

I just checked the status of my I-485 application which was filed at the NSC. It said that my application has been transferred to local INS office in Houston.
1. Anyone else who has faced the same situation ?
2. What does this mean ?
3. Does this mean my application will be processed as per the dates being processed by TSC ?
4. Does this mean that I am closer to an interview or any furthur processing ?
5. What is an interview about ?

Thanks !

Ashish

Beware !!!

Hi Ashish,
I have been thru exactly similar situation. This is something that you really need to re-think now and act. It will take for ever in Houston for them to conduct an interview.

One in ten cases get transferred to the Local Office for Interview. This percentage has gone up since 9/11.

Check the National Processing times on the main home page of immigration.com and that much time it will take for them to schedule an interveiw. I would recommend you to do or go CP route. Check out immihelp.com for CP processing info.

Best of luck buddy !!!!!!!

I-485 transferred to local INS office in Houston

Hi again,
I have checked the National Processing times for INS office in Houston and it is 1095 - 1278 days. Is this the time they will take from the day application was transferred or the day I-485 was filed or any other criteria ?

Can I still go for Counsular Proccesing in such an advanced stage of I-485 processing ?

Will it be more helpful, if I moved to a different address and have my application transferred there ? I am already in a travelling job which takes me to Tampa, FL everyweek.

Thanks for answering so many questions.

Ashish

Just hold on to your horses...

You can visit the local office and find out about your case after a month or so. 90% of the local transferees involve some kind of RFE mostly misplaced or misunderstood documents...