I-485 transferred to Lincoln, NE

kesab

Registered Users (C)
Hi All, our (me and family's) I-485 cases have been transferred to Lincoln, NE office from CSC. Reason stated: to speed up processing (well, that's not going happen because I am still under retrogression: EB-2, India; PD: Nov 2003).
1. Any body also has similar situation or may have the reason?
2. We got transfer notices from CSC. Should we also get notices from NSC?
thank you very much for your comments.

Last edited by a moderator:
I guess usually when they transfer they want to interview. Since now they have all the time in the world by limiting the applications inflow, maybe they want to detail it out. Just to prove that they are working.

looking4d said:
Same thing happened to my cases & my friend's case too. Wonder what's happening.

With the Bi-Specialization aren't all 485s now supposed to be handled at NSC?

CoolTiger.. I think, your guess makes sense.

Lookg4D: Did u/ur friends also get a Receipt Notice from NSC?

thanks

I-485 for self and family transferred to LINCOLN, NE

Hi,

All our pending I-485 have been transferred to Lincoln, NE from CA. I too received this email today.

Dont know what's up ???

Thanks

Nope. Just got the email yesterday. I guess receipt would take another couple of weeks.

kesab said:
CoolTiger.. I think, your guess makes sense.

Lookg4D: Did u/ur friends also get a Receipt Notice from NSC?

thanks

Guys..please keep us posted if you also get Separate Receipt Notice from NSC..
I guess from now onwards we need to send the advance parole (I-131) and EAD applications (I-765) to NSC.
thanks

CIS transfer update

CoolTiger said:
With the Bi-Specialization aren't all 485s now supposed to be handled at NSC?

This is taken from CIS Update

September 29, 2006
Public Notice
CASE TRANSFER UPDATE
As part of an ongoing effort to improve the quality and efficiency of customer service delivery, U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS) periodically shifts benefit processing work from one agency service center to another, in order to balance the overall workload with processing capacity.
Affected customers will receive a transfer notice from USCIS.
Other than receiving correspondence from a different location, this process is a seamless change for USCIS customers. By advising our customers of the location where their case is currently being processed, the transfer notice is intended to enable customers to communicate more effectively with USCIS regarding any questions or concerns that may arise about their case while it is pending. Customers should direct their inquiries to the service center where the case is currently located.
USCIS reserves the right to transfer additional cases in the future, if necessary, in order to ensure timely case processing.

Same here. My family files transferred to NSC from CSC.
In my opinion it does not matter any longer as retrogression is in play now.
Whenver the date becomes current the Service center does not count.

Have experience ..

Hi All, our (me and family's) I-485 cases have been transferred to Lincoln, NE office from CSC. Reason stated: to speed up processing (well, that's not going happen because I am still under retrogression: EB-2, India; PD: Nov 2003).
1. Any body also has similar situation or may have the reason?
2. We got transfer notices from CSC. Should we also get notices from NSC?
thank you very much for your comments.

kesab,

I am a TSC filer and exactly the same thing happened to my case in 2004. I work in GA and filed in TSC in March '04. In August '04 I got emails and a letter stating that to "Speed up processing" my case hadbeen transferred to the Miami local office. This was very fishy because if the case was to be transferred to a local office it should have been transferred to the Atlanta local office. As someone just said, a small portion of cases do get transferred to local offices in order to interview the applicants but my case was sent to a random local office. After 6 months of inquiries and a lot of effort I finally found out that my case had been sent to the Miami office by mistake and finally was recalled back to TSC after almost a year. I personally got to know a lot of people who went through the same experience. One of the applicants whose lawyer was based out of Miami and knew the director of the Miami local office found out that TSC had shipped boxes full of cases to the Miami office just before the yearly audit in order to reduce the number of cases in their backlog (I know this sounds really bad but its the truth). The director informed the lawyer that Service Centers do this sometimes and that he was going to ship back the boxes to TSC in a week. I could not believe this at first but sure enought after 3 weeks of this update from my friend I got a letter from TSC stating that my case had been recalled by TSC.

Anyway, I sincerely hope that you guys are not going through the same crap as I have been through but this sounds all to familiar. If I were you, I would visit the local office and get to the bottom of this.

regards,

saras

Saras, Thanks for the warning..Hopefully, we will not be the victims of the USCIS's error.

I am now waiting to get at least the Re-finger print notice because, last finger printing was done on 10/6/06 ( I asume that finger printing expires every 15 months). If I don't get it do you suggest that I should contact the customer service? Thanks.

Case MOVED

All,

I just got an email informing me that our case(wife and I) has been transferred from VERMONT to TEXAS. Cleary texas is no local office. I live and work in Orlando.

I wonder what crap is happening . Our I-485 has been sitting in Vermont since Dec 2002. ( EB3, India, PD July 2002)

Any comments >

"Current Status: This case has been sent to another office for processing because it has jurisdiction over the case.

On February 24, 2007, we transferred this I485 APPLICATION TO REGISTER PERMANENT RESIDENCE OR TO ADJUST STATUS to our TEXAS SERVICE CENTER location for processing because they now have jurisdiction over the case. We sent you a notice of this transfer. Please follow any instructions on this notice. You will be notified by mail when a decision is made, or if the office needs something from you. If you move while this case is pending, call customer service. We process cases in the order we receive them. You can use our processing dates to estimate when this case will be done. This case has been sent to our TEXAS SERVICE CENTER location. Follow the link below to check processing dates. You can also receive automatic e-mail updates as we process your case. Just follow the link below to register.

I checked with my lawyer and she said that it is nothing to get alarmed. USCIS is trying to process 1-485s at NSC and TSC only and slowly they are moving all I-485 cases to these two service centers.Infact, according to her, all new I-485 applications are being filed at NSC and TSC only.

Needless to say my 485 case was transferred to TSC from VSC. My PD is Dec'01.

Anyway, I sincerely hope that you guys are not going through the same crap as I have been through but this sounds all to familiar. If I were you, I would visit the local office and get to the bottom of this.

regards,

saras

My first step would be to check with your lawyers.

I-485 transferred to Lincoln,NE

Hi guys,
This is the latest I got from NSC on all my I-485 cases.

Current Status: This case has been received from the State Department with a request we review it.

On February 27, 2007, our NEBRASKA SERVICE CENTER location received this case from the State Department with a request that we review it. We will notify you when we complete our review, or if we need something from you. If you move while this case is pending, call customer service. You can also receive automatic e-mail updates as we process your case. Just follow the link below to register.

Hi guys,
This is the latest I got from NSC on all my I-485 cases.

Current Status: This case has been received from the State Department with a request we review it.

On February 27, 2007, our NEBRASKA SERVICE CENTER location received this case from the State Department with a request that we review it. We will notify you when we complete our review, or if we need something from you. If you move while this case is pending, call customer service. You can also receive automatic e-mail updates as we process your case. Just follow the link below to register.

What is your EB category and is your priority date current ? I have not seen this kind of message.

MY 485 Case Moved From VERMOUNT to TEXAS SERVICE CENTER

Hi all,
Today I got emails for My & My wife 485 Stating That

Current Status: This case has been sent to another office for processing.

On XXXXX, 2007, we transferred this I485 APPLICATION TO REGISTER PERMANENT RESIDENCE OR TO
ADJUST STATUS to our TEXAS SERVICE CENTER location for processing and sent you a notice
explaining this action.

I am living in VA and Working in VA. Why they will move my case to different center.

My Q? -- I applied EAD, AP some time in JAN 2007. What will happen to those.?
Next time onwords do I need to send my EAD and AP to Texas?

Hi all,
Today I got emails for My & My wife 485 Stating That

Current Status: This case has been sent to another office for processing.

On XXXXX, 2007, we transferred this I485 APPLICATION TO REGISTER PERMANENT RESIDENCE OR TO
ADJUST STATUS to our TEXAS SERVICE CENTER location for processing and sent you a notice
explaining this action.

I am living in VA and Working in VA. Why they will move my case to different center.

My Q? -- I applied EAD, AP some time in JAN 2007. What will happen to those.?
Next time onwords do I need to send my EAD and AP to Texas?

Same thing here...I live in Boston, EB3 with PD 3/2002. Received email today that it was trasnferred to TX.
They are bunch of idiots...it is a lazy, clueless, bureaucrat agency with zero efficiency.