I-485 transfered to Piitsburgh (PA)

Nov27-01

Registered Users (C)
I-485 transferred to Pittsburgh (PA)

Has any of you been tranferred to the local office in Pittsburgh recently, or not that recently? Would appreciate any feed back with your experience. How long does it take to schedule an interview or to take a decision from the time the case was transferred?

Thanks

Last edited by a moderator:
Usually Family based case is transfered to local office. I wonder if you have changed any status, for example, new married?;)

really?

hi, are you sure fikabir? Where did you get this information? I am NIW and never heard this kind of story. On the contrary, all NIWs that I know got approved directly.

I am not sure about 485 EB1 though.

please advise, thank you .

AOS030326

Originally posted by fikabir
Now a days, all EB1-EA/EB2-NIW got transferred in local BCIS office.

AOS030326,

First of all, mine is a NIW case and got transferred. From last Sept 2002, almost all NIW/EB1-EA got transferred to the local BCIS office. If you do a search in this forum you will find it. There are lot of threads talked about it, this is specially true for VSC.

AOS030326

I agree with fikabir. There are few EB-1 EA cases approved without transfer; but almost all NIW-based I-485 cases are being transferred for interviews to the local centers. This is what I observed on this and other forums.

However, you say that almost all NIW-cases that you knew were aproved without transfer. It's a good piece of information if it's more recent observation. I would appreciate if you could provide more details on these cases like the number of cases, when approved (approximate RD/AD,..). Mine is an NIW-based I-485 and I am expecting transfer, too.

Best wishes,

Jigesh

Hi Jigesh:

My sister is filing her I-140/I-485 under NIW /OR (breast cancer research). She in the process of getting reference letters. She has a good law firm advising her...but it is always good to have somebody who has gone through to ask some questions... like how important is Independent References etc. Is it possible that she can exchange a few emails with you directly or though this forum.

Thanks, Ani