I-485 Transfered to NATIONAL BENEFITS CENTER ??

MadeOneMistake

Registered Users (C)
Hi,

I have got this status update just today -
I dont know whether this is any good? Please refer to case details in the signature. My case was recently transferred to NSC from CSC like everyone else. My 3rd EAD and AP applications are pending at NSC and have not been transferred to this "National Benifit Center" with I-485. Has anyone had any similarities and if so, please provide any additional information you may have.

The last processing action taken on your case

Receipt Number: WAC0516*****

Application Type: I485 , APPLICATION TO REGISTER PERMANENT RESIDENCE OR
TO ADJUST STATUS

Current Status: This case has been sent to another office for
processing.

On May 21, 2007, we transferred this I485 APPLICATION TO REGISTER
PERMANENT RESIDENCE OR TO ADJUST STATUS to our NATIONAL BENEFITS CENTER
location for processing and sent you a notice explaining this action.
Please follow any instructions on this notice. You will be notified by mail
when a decision is made, or if the office needs something from you. If
you move while this case is pending, call customer service. We process
cases in the order we receive them. You can use our processing dates to
estimate when this case will be done. This case has been sent to our
NATIONAL BENEFITS CENTER location. Follow the link below to check
processing dates. You can also receive automatic e-mail updates as we process
your case. Just follow the link below to register.

If you have questions or concerns about your application or the case
status results listed above, or if you have not received a decision from
USCIS within the current processing time listed*, please contact USCIS
Customer Service at (800) 375-5283.

What's going on..

Hi,

I dont know whether this is any good? Please refer to case details in the signature. My case was recently transferred to NSC from CSC like everyone else. My 3rd EAD and AP applications are pending at NSC and have not been transferred to this "National Benifit Center" with I-485. Has anyone had any similarities and if so, please provide any additional information you may have.

TO ADJUST STATUS

processing.

Hello Guys,
I am not sure what it meant....But, I just hope that this is not another phase that USCIS added for our 485 processings.
-Sri

Hi,

TO ADJUST STATUS

processing.

LOL, what the hell is National Benefit Center? Wow...

What to do now!

My case has gone to National Benefit Center(acknowledged there on 05/30/07). After googling and going through forums and the website of the center, I came to know that they do some pre-processing for I-485 if there is a need for interview and forward cases to appropriate District Offices.. Responsibilities are vague as usual.. They also make decisions on assoicated applications like EAD/APs

Now issue is - My case was tranferred from CSC to NSC in March. Hence we filed our EADs and APs in NSC in first week of April. NSC has transferred only the I-485 applications and not the I-765/I-131(EAD/AP). These applications are kinda orphan at NSC now. I have an H1b Xtn, but wife needs an EAD to continue working. APs will be expiring soon. Got delayed in filing because had to travel and didnt want to be outside USA when these applications are in process. Even an FP notice sounds so scary as it usually states that "Failure to appear.. will be considered abandonment of AOS application.."

Anyway, any idea how to get these EADs and APs moving.. anyone knows more about MSC(National benefit center at Lee's Summit, MO).. They dont even publish the processing times for I-485 at their site.. So when to inquire?
How long do they take in transferring applications to District offices if they need to?

Its strange...And a lil scary too.
My case is similar dates like yours. Transferred to NSC on 03/02/2007.
But I've no message change or LUD change or anything. Just says
transferred to NSC.
God knows what's been cooking...

I've no idea whats this national benefit center is. Will
update you if I find anything.

I hope and pray that you will get an approval soon..
Good luck bro.

My case has gone to National Benefit Center(acknowledged there on 05/30/07). After googling and going through forums and the website of the center, I came to know that they do some pre-processing for I-485 if there is a need for interview and forward cases to appropriate District Offices.. Responsibilities are vague as usual.. They also make decisions on assoicated applications like EAD/APs

Now issue is - My case was tranferred from CSC to NSC in March. Hence we filed our EADs and APs in NSC in first week of April. NSC has transferred only the I-485 applications and not the I-765/I-131(EAD/AP). These applications are kinda orphan at NSC now. I have an H1b Xtn, but wife needs an EAD to continue working. APs will be expiring soon. Got delayed in filing because had to travel and didnt want to be outside USA when these applications are in process. Even an FP notice sounds so scary as it usually states that "Failure to appear.. will be considered abandonment of AOS application.."

Anyway, any idea how to get these EADs and APs moving.. anyone knows more about MSC(National benefit center at Lee's Summit, MO).. They dont even publish the processing times for I-485 at their site.. So when to inquire?
How long do they take in transferring applications to District offices if they need to?

Last edited by a moderator:
HI MadeOneMistake,

My case also sent to NATIONAL BENEFITS CENTER . DId you know any more information what is it ?? Did you talk to your attorny what it is ??

Nothing much

Except that MSC(National Benefit Center) has got the case.. standard BS.. There was an update yesterday with no message change(probably system update as it was Sunday 06/03/07).. Expecting an interview. Waiting for it to be transferred to a local office.. did you file AC21 or have any minor brush with the law in the past.. Your PD/Country/Category? Any pointer to what may cause for your case to be interviewed if it an employement base case.. Please note that all family based cases require interview always.

Unfortunately my EAD/AP applications are still at NSC..

HI MadeOneMistake,

My case also sent to NATIONAL BENEFITS CENTER . DId you know any more information what is it ?? Did you talk to your attorny what it is ??

I am from India. I am not working with this company yet. No criminal record. I am just wondering it might me my name. One word is missing in all my H1and tax and my social security. My passport has 4 words. But in rest of them I use only 3 of them. when i am filling 485 I used all 4 words.