I-485 Transfer to Dallas Local office

DWQY

Registered Users (C)
called USCIS for status inquiry, was told by customer representative that my case has been transfered to Dallas local office. several questions maybe your folks can help out

1) why do they transfer it now? the case was filed Sep, 03 and been pending since then.
2) what does it mean to the case? mean another round of delay or something else.

My case has been pending since the name check wtih FBI has been pending since it was filed. for the last a few months, my lawyer and I periodically sent inquiries to USCIS. My local congressman has also been contacted for help. Does those inquiries trigger the transfer?

thank you

Daniel

I-485 EB2 Sep, 03 RD date.

My case was transferred from California to Vermont, after it was pending for 9 months.

In my case I had an earlier case at Vermont, which was withdrawn by the employer.

I think that could have triggered the transfer.

Do you have any such connection to Dallas?

I got email and formal letter of transfer from CA and a receipt mail from vermont about my case.

DWQY said:
called USCIS for status inquiry, was told by customer representative that my case has been transfered to Dallas local office. several questions maybe your folks can help out

1) why do they transfer it now? the case was filed Sep, 03 and been pending since then.
2) what does it mean to the case? mean another round of delay or something else.

My case has been pending since the name check wtih FBI has been pending since it was filed. for the last a few months, my lawyer and I periodically sent inquiries to USCIS. My local congressman has also been contacted for help. Does those inquiries trigger the transfer?

thank you

Daniel

I-485 EB2 Sep, 03 RD date.

I live in Dallas in the last 4-5 years. but my company requires to file all 1-485 through Vermont service center. It is rare that they would transfer the case back to local office, more rare after the case has been pending for so long. I guess that it might be likely that Vermont become tired of numeours inquiries on my case due to the delay etc, they juste wanted to keep the trouble out of their hands and let Dallas be the one to handle all further inquiries or whatever.

Thanks

That could be true. People try to stay off from the trouble makers.

I was checking every 15 days about my case. After 5 or 6 queries, they transferred to Vermont.

West to East...it is global USCIS operations..or PingPong :) :) :rolleyes: :cool:

DWQY said:
I live in Dallas in the last 4-5 years. but my company requires to file all 1-485 through Vermont service center. It is rare that they would transfer the case back to local office, more rare after the case has been pending for so long. I guess that it might be likely that Vermont become tired of numeours inquiries on my case due to the delay etc, they juste wanted to keep the trouble out of their hands and let Dallas be the one to handle all further inquiries or whatever.

Thanks

It might me true . My case is pending since sept 2003 due to name check. After couple of inquiries I got a reference on I-485 on sep 1st and my husband's case was transfered to Chicago local office same day. We have never lived in Chicago.In august I had written a letter to Hooton to expedite my name check. I don't know yet what triggered all this.

are those inquires phonecalls or written case inqueries? Did they make notes for phone case inquery?

Phone inquiries.I think they make notes because when I called 2nd time officer told me that you made 1st expedite request(by ph) on this date. After second expedite request when I called the 3rd time officer told me that my case has been reviewed and I should get a letter for additional information in couple of weeks.She also told me that my husband's case has been transfered to chicago for data entry and once done his file will come back to VSC. The letter which I received says that this case has been transferred to chicago for speed processing and you should hear from us in 120-180 days.

For a case pending since Sept 2003, 120 to 180 more days...and USCIS calls it Speed Processing?????...May be it is speed in FEMA terms...Now I know why at New Orleans, the EMERGENCY help reached after about a week. :cool: :cool:

Aging123 said:
Phone inquiries.I think they make notes because when I called 2nd time officer told me that you made 1st expedite request(by ph) on this date. After second expedite request when I called the 3rd time officer told me that my case has been reviewed and I should get a letter for additional information in couple of weeks.She also told me that my husband's case has been transfered to chicago for data entry and once done his file will come back to VSC. The letter which I received says that this case has been transferred to chicago for speed processing and you should hear from us in 120-180 days.

My I-485 is also pending since sept 2003 due to the namecheck...I did not do any inquires but it got transferred anyway to Baltimore local office...now still pending, after interview....and I am moving to Dallas so I expect another move of my case, from one local office to another!!! maybe then they will want another interview...... :( have no idea when it all ends...

Compass,

You mentioned your name check is pending but you did interview at the local office. so what is next to expect? can they approve the case with the name check being stuck?

I am in the same boat.

Thanks

how to find out 485 got transfered

Hi,
Could u pls let me know how to find if I-485 is transfered to local office?

Thanks
Venkat

In my case, since the case got delayed, I called the 800 # for inquiry. the USCIS customer representative told me so.

DWQY said:
In my case, since the case got delayed, I called the 800 # for inquiry. the USCIS customer representative told me so.

So they never send you a notice to you or to your lawyer?

So if you don't make the call, you never know your case
was transfered to L. O.??

Thanks for sharing.

that is the problem. the service center does not keep us well informed. they have done so many things that we don't know. I really don't get why they want to do this way. background check, name check, transfer?
another thing, the representatives sometimes tell us different story or part of the story. too sad. I can't find out what status my case is. :mad:

In my case I got email that my husband's case was transfered to MSC and from there to Chicago then got another email that they received the file I also got a notice from USCIS that the case has been transfered to chicago

let's add another sin to USCIS for being inconsistent or maybe human errors. we will find out sooner or later.

I made an info pass appointment with Dallas local office to talk them in person in 2 weeks, trying to find out exactly what tricks they are playing with my case.

Meanwhile, I am actually talking to my lawyer to file a Mandamus lawsuite. Maybe this has to be delayed now because USCIS is finally "working" on my case, clearly in their very own way.

Thanks

DWQY,
No, the case cannot be approved after interview with background check pending! They told, we must wait, no idea how long. I went there couple more times and they told, I should not come and ask about my case before 6 months pass from the interview date!
So we are waiting...renewing EADs...APs...