I -485 transfer to ADMIN APPEALS OFFICE

novice72

Registered Users (C)
I applied my I -485/Ap/EAD ND july 16 2003 at NEbraska( NSC ). There was RFE on my I -140 and replied in Dec -03 and approved on May 05 -2004
EAD 05/12/2003
AP 05/17/2003
1st FP 05/07/2003 at Newark NJ
Eb3 India

I got a transfer notice July 2004.

The notice says:

This is to advise you that in order to speed processing we have transferred the above case to the following INS office for processing

BCIS, AAO, 20 Mass, Room 3042, 425 "I" Street NW, Washington DC 20536

That office will notify you of the decision made on the application or petition. Any further inquiries should be made to that office.

My live in NJ.
I am applying GC first time. Did not had any USCIS interview.
Did not received any Intent to Deny or Denial letter from INS.
I did not changed my job or change my address.
I did not violated any Law and always in status.

After looking at the threads I can't find anybody with this kind of message

My Lawyer had send a couple of letters to INS Nebraska to Request Reason to transfer the case to AAO. No Response till now.

Today I called the customer service 1800 number. Looking at my problem a nice lady transferred it to Immigration Officer.
I told the officer that mine EB3 I - 140 was approved it is a regular I -485 case and NOT AN APPEAL.

The immigration officer don't know the reason why there transferred to AAO.
She asked me to write a letter to AAO Washington office. MY Lawyer is going to write a letter and Iam also planning to send a letter.

Ginnu and other Gurus have you heard this kind of case.
Is there any problem with my case OR its INS mistake?.
Shall I contact a reputed law firm for a second opinion?
Pls give your inputs.
INS never allows to rest in peace :mad:

Thanks in advance
novice72

Hi novice72 - I got the same message for I-485

Hi Novice72,
I just got the same message recently for I-485 ... How long does it take for the case to go to local office from AAO?
Did u get any updates on ur case?

Thanks . Any help appreciated!

LUD changed and status email

Hi,
Today I revceived a status mail for myself and my wife. The following is the status message.

Application Type: I485 , Application to Register Permanent Residence or to
Adjust Status

Current Status:

On July 20, 2005, your I485 Application to Register Permanent Residence or to
Adjust Status was received here for processing. It is taking between 570 and 600 days for us to process this kind of case. We will mail you a decision as soon as processing is complete.

If you have questions or concerns about your application or the case status
results listed above, or if you have not received a decision or advice from
USCIS within the projected processing time frame*, please contact the National Customer Service Center.
blahhhhhhhh

I applied my I -485 in July 2003 and there transferred to AAO in July 2004 and now there say there got the application. INS is crazy. Where is my file??. Is it in AAO or again tranferred back to NSC or to local office. Anybody had this kind of experience. Please give your inputs.

Thanks,
novice72

I got status mail from CRIS USCIS-SRMT@dhs.gov. I have never received any case status from this mail. I always used to get from USCIS-CSSO <USCIS-CSSO@usdoj.gov>.
INS change they case status mail ids or it is the ID of AAO. guys anybody got any case status mails from CRIS USCIS-SRMT@dhs.gov. Let me know.

Thanks,
novice72