I-485 Tracker

AOS in NSC

Hi guys,

I applied for AOS 2 months back based on granted asylum over a year ago.
I have given the biometrics on my appointment date around end of March.

I check my case status online everyday but I don't see any progress at all not even the LUD is changing. Is that the way it is or I have to still undergo another round of the infamous 212 3.a.b thing ? My asylum case was on hold for more than 2 yeras b/c f the "212.3.a.b (Tier III) and later got approved.

I am kinda nervous now..I can't take anymore limbo...

Sharing your experience will be highly appreciated.

Asylee_2007 did you take time to read this Thread? or just posted your question here? I think in last 2 pages this has been discussed that some of us have only LUD when application is on acceptance stage and in one day it is in "card/document production"

pipabest,

Our cases are not easy like your case. Asylee_2007, cortaidsu, and me went through pain and torture during our asylum application because of the hold that was placed on our asylum application. Now we worry that we may go through a second round of torture again with our I-485.

My case has no update at all and I received a devastating news from the infopass officer when he told me that my case is on hold because the asylum office has not released my alien file to Nebraska center. I don't know why the asylum office doesn't want to send my alien file to Nebraska.

I also applied for RTD. I have not received it yet and no LUD yet. They don't even want to give me RTD.

Asylee_2007 did you take time to read this Thread? or just posted your question here? I think in last 2 pages this has been discussed that some of us have only LUD when application is on acceptance stage and in one day it is in "card/document production"

Last edited by a moderator:
algo, did the agent say your case is on hold or did they say that they were simply waiting for the file? your case is within the processing time so no there is nothing to worry if the file hasn't be transfered yet.

algorithm how could you know that my case was easy? if you look at my signature I was waiting more than 2 years for interview....and like cortaidus said your case is within the processing time, dont worry.

pipabest,

Thanks for the reply, I got 3 recepits one says that they revive I-131 application and second says that they recived I-737 application and third one says that they have send my application to Nebraska center and i got a recepit saying that they have recived my $1070 for I-485 application and in the letter it say that the next step will they will send a notice for Finger printing still i havent revive my original reciept where i can check my status online what would be the next next ? and i didnt apply my I-485 through any Lawyer i have applied by my self. How long it will take to receive my Fp notice.

cortaidus,
The infopass officer did not want to give me more details. He said that the asylum office is holding my alien file and nothing can be done for my case until the file is released.

I don't know what that means.

My I-485 was filed 3.5 months ago and my RTD application is already outside the processing time. No LUD for my RTD and I-485

algo, did the agent say your case is on hold or did they say that they were simply waiting for the file? your case is within the processing time so no there is nothing to worry if the file hasn't be transfered yet.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi Algorithm,

I will keep you posted if there any major progress on my case. I know my case is well with in the processing time but anything unusual scares a hell outta me due the unfair process I went through during my asylum approval.

Let us keep in touch!!

algorithm did you call USCIS to start service request about your RTD ? USCIS can request asylum office to release your file I had same situation with my mom, it took them 2 weeks to receive it.

pipabest,
I already submitted a service request through the phone for my RTD and I got the standard response saying that my case is still in process and I should call them back if I don't receive a decision within 6 months. I don't think that they bothered to look at my service request or even contact the officer who is working on my case. They simply used a standard letter(template) that doesn't make sense at all to respond to my inquiry.

algorithm did you call USCIS to start service request about your RTD ? USCIS can request asylum office to release your file I had same situation with my mom, it took them 2 weeks to receive it.

algorithm, weird everytime I was submitting service request I was transfered to different person, not the one who answered my call. Im not sure but give a try again and request to talk to supervisor and explain that your case outside of normal time frame, or contact your Congressman that should help.

I think the best option to force those lazy officers to do their job is through a law suit or a congress inquiry. I will use that option for my I-485. I have done nothing wrong to deserve this kind of treatment. I have been paying taxes for over 10 years and I have no criminal history. I don't know if those officers are lazy or racist. I will have to find the answer through the judge when I face them at the court.

algorithm, weird everytime I was submitting service request I was transfered to different person, not the one who answered my call. Im not sure but give a try again and request to talk to supervisor and explain that your case outside of normal time frame, or contact your Congressman that should help.

I have sent my case to Phoenix lock box but didn't get SMS or email for fingerprint notice. The only time I received SMS and email is when they received my application and let me know the receipt #.

The e-notification G-1145 is only for the acceptance of the application. They send you email/text msg only one time when they receive and accept your application.

pipabest,
Why did it take you almost 2 years for the asylum interview? Were you also on hold based on the none sense 212a.3.b?