I-485 Strange Message

red91335

Registered Users (C)
I just got a strange e-mail message from USCIS regarding my pending I-485 which states:

"On July 30, 2005, the document we made based on the approval or registration of this case was mailed directly to the person to whom issued."

Do anybody received the same message? What does this mean? I hope somebody can enlighten me about this message.

Call the service center and ask them what it means. In this forum I have seen people getting this message on their I-131. Good luck though, I hope you are approved.

most of the times it means that they sent an FP or FP they sent got bounced back due to change of address. Sometimes it means actual approval.

Hi Rpranesh

have you received a notice from USCIS? I got a similar one from USCIS. I called USCIS. They gave me the same answer as you got.
I sumbitted my 485 on Oct, 2003 concurrently under EB-1b. I just got 140 approved in March, 2005.
Please reply me if you have anything new.
Thanks!

Leezi

a I-485 updated notice: exciting or nothing??

Dear ALL,

I got an e-mail message from USCIS regarding my pending I-485 which says:

"On August 3, 2005, the document we made based on the approval or registration of this case was mailed directly to the person to whom issued."

I found that they updated both cases of my wife and me as mentioned above. But nothing is changed with my son's case.What does this mean? excited or nothing?

Some details of my case:

Filed I-140: April 25, 2003 (EB-1b: outstanding professor/researcher)
Filed I-485: October 3, 2003
FP: January 12, 2004
I-140 approval: March, 2005

I would appreciate it if anybody can share his/her experience or recent information with me.

Thanks and have a nice weekend!

Leezi

I just got a letter from USCIS, California Service Center (CSC) yesterday. The letter is actually CSC's response to my inquiry on July 7, 2005 regarding my case outside their processing time. I called the 800 number on that day.

To those interested on the contents of the letter, it contains all information about my case (A number, filing date, receipt number among others), but the most important one is this statement:

"The status of this service request is 'VISA IS NOT AVAILABLE AT THIS TIME'".

It was a sigh of relief for me because I was thinking of something worst. So I think I have to wait until October when hopefully visa becomes available worldwide.

Leezi,

You may receive letter from USCIS in a couple of days. I assume you or your lawyer may have inquired your case using the 800 number or the service center sometime ago, hence a response letter is issued. It will contain the answer to your inquiry (Read my other post).

I am eager to know what you got, please share. We will have a different response since visa is available for EB-1's. I hope yours is an actual approval.

red91335,

Thanks for your reply.
I am sure to update you with new information from USCIS.
I did not call USCIS recently. But I am not sure whether it is because the office of congressman contacted them. Anyway, let us see. For my case, it has been delayed more than one year.

Leezi

Hi red91335,

I got a notice from USCIS today. I informed me to take FP again. I did that in January, 2004.
I hope it will be done soon after this.

Leezi

leezi said:
Hi red91335,

I got a notice from USCIS today. I informed me to take FP again. I did that in January, 2004.
I hope it will be done soon after this.

Leezi

Goodluck!