i-485 status

hzmfz

Hello everyone,
Greetings from California!
I'm new here.
My asylee i-485 receipt notice date: Dec.03,2001
I did finger print July 2004.
Anyone know how long I need to wait to get the GC?
Thank you in advance. :)

maybe within this year

Gebre said:
you may get it the next 2 years.
Given the speed of INS approval, I guess you should get your GC less than 2 years, no later than early next year. Optimistcally, you might get it within this year.

You might get approved two years from now

hzmfz said:
Hello everyone,
Greetings from California!
I'm new here.
My asylee i-485 receipt notice date: Dec.03,2001
I did finger print July 2004.
Anyone know how long I need to wait to get the GC?
Thank you in advance. :)

Hi,

About 29,353 asylee filed I-485 from October 2000 to September 2001 (fiscal year 2001) and about 45,547 filed from Oct. 2001 to Sept. 2002 (fiscal year 2002). You are in the 3rd month of fiscal year 2002. Using average asylee filed I-485 per month calculation, about 36,944 (29353 + 45547 / 12 month x 2 months) needs to be processed before USCIS starts looking at your case.

Asuming USCIS approves at least 20,000 asylee for the fiscal year 2006 beginning October of 2005, I guess you might need to wait until mid of 2007. 20,000 cases get approved per year at current speed of USCIS is double what they did in the past years. Sure they will need more resources to process over 20,000 cases per year. This is just an estimated. Please don't get offended. I am sure the day will come to you.

Michaelsoft

Last edited by a moderator:
You are too pessimistic. I think ND 2001 should get approval within fiscal year 2006, i.e., he should get his GC no later than September 2006.
michaelsoft said:
Hi,

About 29,353 asylee filed I-485 from October 2000 to September 2001 (fiscal year 2001) and about 45,547 filed from Oct. 2001 to Sept. 2002 (fiscal year 2002). You are in the 3rd month of fiscal year 2002. Using average asylee filed I-485 per month calculation, about 36,944 (29353 + 45547 / 12 month x 2 months) needs to be processed before USCIS starts looking at your case.

Asuming USCIS approves at least 20,000 asylee for the fiscal year 2006 beginning October of 2005, I guess you might need to wait until mid of 2007. 20,000 cases get approved per year at current speed of USCIS is double what they did in the past years. Sure they will need more resources to process over 20,000 cases per year. This is just an estimated. Please don't get offended. I am sure the day will come to you.

Michaelsoft

Everyone can post their opinion here. This time they are getting serious. You can read the following articles and I just copied a piece:

http://uscis.gov/graphics/aboutus/repsstudies/USCISSTRATEGICPLAN.pdf
http://uscis.gov/graphics/publicaffairs/BklgUpdate032205.pdf

"Currently, we receive more than 5 million applications per
year, for over 50 types of immigration benefits. Increases in
workload during the past decade contributed to the emergence of
a backlog of applications awaiting decision, a problem that we are
committed to eliminating by the end of FY 2006."

“Today’s announcement continues the trend of showing tremendous progress in eliminating our backlog,” said USCIS Director Eduardo Aguirre. “However, USCIS will not rest on past success, but rather use it as a springboard to overcome the challenges that lie ahead. We will continue to realign our workforce with our workload to ensure that we meet the six-month cycle time target at every office for every form type by the end of fiscal year 2006.”

My attorney confirmed that it is VERY likely that they succeded and really eliminate the backlog. If true, (and they REALLY mean EVERY FORM TYPE) in Sep 2006 they will process I-485 filed in March 2006.

Being an optimist, I did great things in my life. This time the facts are on our side, relax and we'll be there.

BTW a friend of mine, Nov 2000 class, has been approved on Friday.

Good luck.

samird! you mean that ND of your friend is NOV 2000? Plz let us know. Can you tell little more details such as whether he received a notice in mail or email? And has he gotten a plastic GC?

It is not an email for sure. This guy is too old to use computers. He got it in the mail, and it was a letter. I will ask him the next time I see him about the details. He drives the truck so he is in and out the town.

I know that he mailed his application in Nov of 2000. Not sure what RD and ND are for sure.