**I-485 status differ in online and phone system??**

GC_SE_HAI_SHAAN

Registered Users (C)
Hi Friends,
Did anyone come across with the same situation as I am right now. :confused:

I checked my current I-485 status through the phone system and it says

"We are sorry, due to the temporary problem in our system, we can't access you case information, please call later" :confused:

When I check I-485 status through online (website) system it has the right infomation.
"On September 8, 2004, we responded to your request for more information concerning your case. If you have not received our response within 30 days from this date, please call customer service at 1-800-375-5283." :confused:

The above message is changed after I changed my address.

My concern is why two system has a different information for the same case number??
Please let me know if anyone has come across with the same situation.

Thanks..

- NSC
RD May 12-2004 140/485/EAD/AP
ND May 19-2004 140/485/EAD/AP
FP done June 23rd 2004
EAD Received July 15 2004
AP Received July 21 2004

I-140/485 - :mad: .

Why the concern? There's no contradiction in the case status info. It's just that one message says that the telephone interface to your case is down temporarily!

frodo said:
Why the concern? There's no contradiction in the case status info. It's just that one message says that the telephone interface to your case is down temporarily!

because this phone system message is been like the same for the past 1 month (no change) and when i check the I-140 status its same in both system :confused:
Initially I thought there may be some problem in the phone system..but now I am confused :confused:

There was a thread earlier on this forum, which discussed this...
All those people with the online message "we responded to..." have the same phone message as you. It is nothing to worry about.

Could you tell me, when the phone message changed to the "sytemerror" message? And what was the phone message before that?
What was the website message before it changed on Sept 8?
Thanks. I am trying to get a pattern out of this.

Last edited by a moderator:
ask your lawyer to do enquiry or take help of senator to find out why there is difference between these 2 messages

just my 2 cents

aonflux said:
There was a thread earlier on this forum, which discussed this...
All those people with the online message "we responded to..." have the same phone message as you. It is nothing to worry about.

Could you tell me, when the phone message changed to the "sytemerror" message? And what was the phone message before that?
What was the website message before it changed on Sept 8?
Thanks. I am trying to get a pattern out of this.

Phone message is being same only since I started check the status through phone system. which is for the past 1 month.

Why I am little curious..some one told me that if a case is being open/process by AO then they lock the current status..That's the reason I wanted to know if some one came across with the same situation!
Thanks..

GC_SE_HAI_SHAAN said:
Phone message is being same only since I started check the status through phone system. which is for the past 1 month.

Why I am little curious..some one told me that if a case is being open/process by AO then they lock the current status..That's the reason I wanted to know if some one came across with the same situation!
Thanks..

I had also the same phone message since I updated my address.
But, recently on Nov 17, me and my wife got an RFE and the phone message and the Online message changed.

Hope this helps.
In-Delema

I just called in the phone system, after I put my case number, I was told system error rightway, but after I put my wife's case number, I was told to hold and the system was retrieving her case information, then no response at all. I hold for 4 mins, no results.

:mad: :mad:

same with me.

peterwang60 said:
I just called in the phone system, after I put my case number, I was told system error rightway, but after I put my wife's case number, I was told to hold and the system was retrieving her case information, then no response at all. I hold for 4 mins, no results.

:mad: :mad:

There is complete silence after I enter my number. Peterwang what is your phone message normally?

Last edited by a moderator:
No..be patient & hold the line..you will hear following message..

My experience...I tried this phone line...even I sensed "Dead Silence" & was wondring whether my call went..to USICS database or live representative....BUT...be patient & hold the line for 5-6 minutes...I heard following message after long silence..

"We are sorry, due to the temporary problem in our system, we can't access you case information, please call later"

In-delema..

Did you or attorney received the RFE notice..
How long basically does it take to receive the RFE notice.. "

shre said:
Did you or attorney received the RFE notice..
How long basically does it take to receive the RFE notice.. "

Shre,

Neither me nor my lawyer has recieved any response till today. I myself wanted to know, how long it takes to recieve the mail. Also, will I recieve it or my lawyer or both.

Thanks
In_delema

In-Delema said:
I had also the same phone message since I updated my address.
But, recently on Nov 17, me and my wife got an RFE and the phone message and the Online message changed.

Hope this helps.
In-Delema

Thanks ~ In-Delema

What exactly RFE you got , could you please tell us?

Thanks

aonflux,

After I put my case number, I got the exactly message as malia got, but when I put in my wife's case number, silence forever. So I hanged it up.

GC_SE_HAI_SHAAN said:
Thanks ~ In-Delema

What exactly RFE you got , could you please tell us?

Thanks

Hi SHAN

Here is the exact RFE wordings:

"It is noted that your birth certificate was not timely registered with the civil authorities issuing certificates in India.

Please submitt affidavits signed by your mother and father attesting to the facts of your birth and parentage."

Question: The RFE says to submit affidivetis from parents only. so if I just submitt affi. from my parents. will that be OK?

Thanks
In-Delema

In-Delema said:
Hi SHAN

Here is the exact RFE wordings:

"It is noted that your birth certificate was not timely registered with the civil authorities issuing certificates in India.

Please submitt affidavits signed by your mother and father attesting to the facts of your birth and parentage."

Question: The RFE says to submit affidivetis from parents only. so if I just submitt affi. from my parents. will that be OK?

Thanks
In-Delema

Thanks for your reply ~ In-Delema