I-485 Stamping Experience in philadelphia

bbsr

Registered Users (C)
EB3 INDIA PD 5/18/1998 485 ND 9/21/1999
APPROVED ON 6/6/2001 Courtesy Copy received on 6/13/2001.

Stamped I-485 on 6/14/2001.The whole process takes just 10 mins. got into the centre at about 9:00 AM and my turn came at about 11:30. Was done by 11:45 AM.

They took the finger print of the index finger in two places.
They asked for 2 Photographs (ADIT Style), EAD and Advance Paroles if any,
and I-94. They take out the I-94 and put a stamp of permanent residency which is valid for one year. The card usually comes within 2-3 months. No stamp needed for the kids. Their card comes directly.

If you intend to travel before that, the lady at the counter asked me to come back and get it stamped for the baby.

Thanks everybody.

BBSR

No Title

I believe the original sent to the attorney has to be used.

I had a much more pleasant experience in Philadelphia stamping my passport recently. We got their by 8:00 a.m. Based on the speed they were processing the adjustment and other green card issues at the counter, we were expecting to be called around 12:30-1:00 p.m. Surprisingly, they made an announcement and called certain "Ticket numbers" (presuming Adjustment cases) to a separate counter for "faster processing". We were done by 10:40 a.m - we lucked out I guess. I told my wife that this was a reward for have slogged through I-140.

ESSARR

No Title

Hi ESSARR, I remember your name from I140 stage. I remember yours got approved v late. You and I communicated for sometime. Good to U again. Here is where I stand. My I485 ND is July 18th 00, FP 11/00, Applied for EAD approval ND 06/01/01.
What about U?
Guys, ESSARR is a Guru on INS rules & regulations pertaining to I140 & I485. You must seek his opinion on anything confusing or unclear.

No Title

I did the stamping with the courtesy copy. The original copy is mailed to the lawyer.