I-485 SFO interview - security clearance

akinom

Registered Users (C)
Hello everybody,

it has been a while since my last post.

Anyway, I had my interview at SFO three weeks ago. It took almost 240 days since I applied to get the interview. The officer was very nice, everything on my application was fine. The officer told me if everythig goes well, he will approve my application today.

Well, everything was fine, he almost approved my application. But then he realized that he still didn't receive the security clearance. This was the only reason why he didn't approve my GC. He told me INS applied for my security clearance on 20th of September 2003. It is february now and they still didn't hear from them. is this normal? How long am I supposed to wait?

Also, my EAD is going to expire in may. Do you, guys, think that I have to apply for another one since I still don't have my GC?
Thanks.

Akinom

I guess if you dont have the case approved, it means the change of status is not yet completed. My personal opinion will be to apply for your work permit before its expired...

Originally posted by akinom
Hello everybody,

Anyway, I had my interview at SFO three weeks ago. It took almost 240 days since I applied to get the interview. The officer was very nice, everything on my application was fine. The officer told me if everythig goes well, he will approve my application today.

Well, everything was fine, he almost approved my application. But then he realized that he still didn't receive the security clearance. This was the only reason why he didn't approve my GC. He told me INS applied for my security clearance on 20th of September 2003. It is february now and they still didn't hear from them. is this normal? How long am I supposed to wait?

Also, my EAD is going to expire in may. Do you, guys, think that I have to apply for another one since I still don't have my GC?
Thanks.

Akinom

I guess if you dont have the case approved, it means the change of status is not yet completed. My personal opinion will be to apply for your work permit before its expired...

Originally posted by akinom
Hello everybody,

Thanks.

Akinom

Akinom,

Looks like a lot of us are in the same situation and whic is why we have started a tracker.
Please read the post on the Timeline - new security check here.

Things are changing and a couple of law suits have been filed by others categories awaiting AOS that make a renewal of AP and EAD possibly illegal. We will need to keep abreast of these developments.

Security Clearance

Thank you guys,

I think that the time and process that everything takes is disgusting.

I hope that immigration starts doing their job much faster and seriously.

Akinom

I wish INS was as inefficient here in Chicago as they are over in SF. It takes 2+ yrs here in addition to security clearance problems etc ...

Good luck

Same here!!

Filed in Jun03, done w/ finger print, AP & EAD in Aug03,
Just had interview today, but FBI security clearance has not completed.

The officer said can be 1 mos or 1 yr. Even i write for inquire, all they can say is "Case Pending", no useful detail can be provided. because they need to wait for the FBI.

Does anyone know why some ppl get their clearance done before their interviews so they can get stamped right there, and some unlucky ones need to wait for more than 1 yr after their AOS interview.