I-485 Rfe

sep03filer

Registered Users (C)
I received RFE for I-485 application. Following is the exact wording.

The documents you have submitted as evidence of your birth were executed so long after the fact they are attesting to that they are considered hearsay evidence. Therefore you must submit other documentary evidence.

It did not tell me what other documentary evidence is acceptable. Also, I am not sure if the original documentary evidence submitted is accepted ot not. I have seen RFE details on my friends case where they have specifically mentioned for secondary evidence and historical documents.

What other documentary evidences will be acceptable? I am confused. Please help.

Thanks in advance

Affidavit

Submit Affidavit from your parents or uncles or auntie etc. Your lawyer can help you design an affidavit.

Thanks guys.

MY ND/RD is Sep'29'2003. I-140 is not approved yet, I am hoping that they are processing it as a concurrent case under the new rules.

my advice

sep03filer said:

The documents you have submitted as evidence of your birth were executed so long after the fact they are attesting to that they are considered hearsay evidence. Therefore you must submit other documentary evidence.

It did not tell me what other documentary evidence is acceptable. Also, I am not sure if the original documentary evidence submitted is accepted ot not. I have seen RFE details on my friends case where they have specifically mentioned for secondary evidence and historical documents.

What other documentary evidences will be acceptable? I am confused. Please help.

Thanks in advance

Submit affidavits on stamp paper from any two CLOSE relatives (not parents) like brothers, sisters, parents of your parents.

sep03filer said:

Thanks in advance

Our lawyer told us to submit affidavits of birth from each parent plus a birth certificate that we made from the Indian consulate (in the USA). That was dated just before we submitted the application. I've not heard from USCIS yet, but that has worked for other applicants in our company.

gchopeful2005 said:
Our lawyer told us to submit affidavits of birth from each parent plus a birth certificate that we made from the Indian consulate (in the USA). That was dated just before we submitted the application. I've not heard from USCIS yet, but that has worked for other applicants in our company.

Some adjucators don't consider consulate birth certificate as birth certificate (becase that is made from information on passport).
Many people got RFE for it.
Affidavits are sure shot. Other secondary proof could be - hospital record, school leaving certificate.