I-485 : RFE received

bms500

Registered Users (C)
Dear All :( :mad: :confused: :rolleyes:

I got three RFE E-Mails in to my E-Mail box on 08/20/2004 9:00 PM. This is for me, my spouse and my Daughter. They did not send any RFE to my son (I don't know why ???)

The message changed to
"On August 20, 2004, we mailed a notice requesting additional evidence or information in this case. The notice explains in detail what additional material is needed. If you have questions about the notice, what is required, or if 14 days have passed and you have not received the notice, please call the National Customer Service Center at (800) 375-5283."

I am working for the same employer from the begining, No job change.

I am kind of worried, Why they have generated RFEs.

I am suspecting the following story behind these RFEs.

At Chicago International Airport , the Immigration officer put the wrong H1B until date on the passport . My Visa shows Expiration Date as 12 th August 2004 and the Officer has put the date as 22nd August 2004 in my passport , as well as my spouse and Daughter passports. My son got the correct I94 date.

Please share your comments, if this happened to you / or your friends.

I am going to have have sleepless nights , until I see the RFE reciept contents.

Thanks to you all !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Ead

Dear All

I am currently on EAD , valid until 04/20/2005. But my spouse I-94 expired on August 12th 2004.

Should I file H4 Extension for my spouse. Please suggest.

Thanks

If you are using EAD, your H1b is already invalidated. Therefore there is no ground for your wife to file h4.

bms500

I feel like answering your question as you are worried for an unreasonable reason. Your RFE is not issued because of the difference between your passport and VISA.

They can issue RFE whoever they feel like, and this is very normal. Until last couple of months, they were issuing RFE almost everybody. Now, they have reduced and issuing about 35% of the applicants. You just happened to be among this 35%

I also think officer at the airport intentionally give 10 days extra to your passport than your visa. You might not know that :)

When I was issued my I-94 for H1B last time, officer gave me 10 days extra after my H1B expiration date. I caught him right on the spot and asked him why he has given wrong date. He laughed at me and told me 10 that extra days for packing you bag. He also told me most of the officer don't know this. He added "if you try to explain this, they might get mad"

Now, go figure...

Last edited by a moderator:
I-485 RFE received by my Attorney (Regular Mail)

Hi All,

My attorney received the RFE (Regular Mail) letters from USCIS on 09/13/2004 . This RFE details are for me, Spouse and for my daughter.

My self : Birth Certificate only
Spouse : a) Birth Certificate b) Submit evidence for your Extension of stay as an H4 to August 12, 2004
Daughter : Submit evidence for your Extension of Stay as an H4 to August 12, 2004

Any Idea on what the "evidence for your Extension of Stay as an H4 to August 12, 2004" .

Please post if you know any thing on this.

I worked for the same employer from filing labour to till date. My I-94 is expired on August XX, 2004. Currently , I am on my 1 st EAD valid till April 15 th 2005.

My previous User ID : BMS500. I lost the password. So I created another user ID as I did not get much help from the Web Administrator

Thanks for all your Input.

savitra500 said:
Hi All,

My attorney received the RFE (Regular Mail) letters from USCIS on 09/13/2004 . This RFE details are for me, Spouse and for my daughter.

My self : Birth Certificate only
Spouse : a) Birth Certificate b) Submit evidence for your Extension of stay as an H4 to August 12, 2004
Daughter : Submit evidence for your Extension of Stay as an H4 to August 12, 2004

Any Idea on what the "evidence for your Extension of Stay as an H4 to August 12, 2004" .

Please post if you know any thing on this.

I worked for the same employer from filing labour to till date. My I-94 is expired on August XX, 2004. Currently , I am on my 1 st EAD valid till April 15 th 2005.

My previous User ID : BMS500. I lost the password. So I created another user ID as I did not get much help from the Web Administrator

Thanks for all your Input.

All you need to do is send copies of the H4 approval notices and copies of I94(as of Aug. 12) with your reply cover letter.

bottom line: you do not have to worry about it. If you are on EAD, you do not to worry. Also, since your spouse is an applicant too, there is no need to worry as well, it's a legal status and you are both OK.
As for the RFE, USCIS wants to verify that you are employed by the same employer, and if not, submit the right documentation. In addition, to make sure your job capacity is the same, and you are all set. This is a normal procedure, one step before approving the case.
Stay tuned, you should hear good news pretty soon.

best of luck,

Hi vrajbhumi

Thanks for your reply

The I-94 shows August 22 on my spouse and Daughter. Where as the Visa on the passport shows the August 12 th 2004. (There is discrepancy between the H4 visa stamp and I-94 card issued at Chicago Harare Airport)

Can I goto Minneapolis International Airport and get it rectified or what is the best method to correct this error.

Thanks for all your replies

forget about I-94 dates,

can you not tell that you are using your EAD from the date of approval of your EAD which is april 2004 ? The mistake by the officer at the airport is not your mistake, right ?

and if you are using EAD, then your wife's H4 is invalidated from the day you started using EAD...

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi dasarihp_newid

I started using my EAD 8/12/2004, that was the date my H1B expired.

Is local INS will help me to rectify the expired I94 to put the August 12 th 2004 date/Or I should fill up I-102 form to get signature. I am bit worried. What are the questions asked by Local INS officer. I have scheduled an appointment on 09/21/2004.

Please share your thoughts