I-485 RFE : Please provide PROOF of PHYSICAL PRESENCE(Lawful Entry) from February 199

sg77042

Hi,
I received an RFE from the INS as follows :

Please provide PROOF of PHYSICAL PRESENCE(Lawful Entry) from February 1998 - Present.

Please advise what are the documents need to be sent.

Any help is greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
Ramesh.

Last edited by a moderator:
Its for all entries or status you have had. For instance for me it would be 2 Trade Nafta's, 1 H-1B, Then I was in adjustment of status. They seem to be looking for you to show that you have been in some "status" the whole time you have been in the US.
So my stuff shows I renewed when I should have for the Trade Naftas, that I applied for my H-1B and was approved before my TN expired, then I showed that I applied for and my GC application was received before my H-1B expired. Hope this helps. I had submitted all I-94's I have held for the TN's and H-1B.

sg77042 said:
Hi,
I received an RFE from the INS as follows :

Please provide PROOF of PHYSICAL PRESENCE(Lawful Entry) from February 1998 - Present.

Please advise what are the documents need to be sent.

Any help is greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
Ramesh.

You need send them all the copies of I-94(s) that cover(s) the specified period. If you don't have copies of older I-94, try to find out entry stamps in your passport. However, sometimes passport stamps don't mention the duration of valid status. In that case you need to attach copies of H1/L1 approval notices for that period.

Is it 245(I) case?

Along with I-94 Send your Tax returns or w2 if you have them. Even some people have sent apartment leasing agreement / Letter from leasing company.

I-485 Rfe

I am in same situation. I do not have the first I-94 card status for my wife. Is it going to be a problem. I have mine but even that it is not clear as the date printed on is all smudged. Please let me know how could I reply fr my wife RFE.

Suggest to everyone to copy and scan i-94 each time

i suggest after entering back scan the i-94 or make a xerox copy asap.
i do that even with passport each time so and then send the i-94 to attorney via fax for filing, so all i-94 are in one place.

these days they can ask for any document,better to be prepared.

vanrkr said:
I am in same situation. I do not have the first I-94 card status for my wife. Is it going to be a problem. I have mine but even that it is not clear as the date printed on is all smudged. Please let me know how could I reply fr my wife RFE.
Do you have I-94 number? You can get the copy from that. If you have the I-94 number you can apply for the duplicate and enclose the receipt notice along with covering letter in your RFE response

vanrkr said:
Tammy, do you have the address details from where we can get the duplicate I-94 cards?

How many times you travelled outside USA from 1998 to present? You can get substitute I-94 (not duplicate) only for your current re-entry. If you traveled multiple times, you need to provide proof of valid status some other way because you won't get I-94s for those periods.

We travelled more than once and we do not have the copies for my wife. We both landed in US in B2 status at the same time and I have the copy of I-94 card for me not for my wife. If we mention that in the covering letter will it be ok? I do not see any other way of getting the I-94 card for my wife now. Please advice.