I-485 RFE -- Need Help

DSM_GC

Registered Users (C)
Hi Today I recievved RFE ..

You must submit a written statement from a competent civil authority in India that your birth certificate is not available in that country; only then will you secondary evidence be considered.

did anyone recieved the same RFE ??

My lawyer said that we have to submit the Non availability certificate ??

I was born in small village in India ?? so where to get this non availability certificate ??

Pls throw some ideas ??

Birth Certificate Affidavit

I have received a similar RFE.

In my case, I will be taking this certificate from the Municipal Corporation in Mumbai since that is the place where the Birth is normally registered.

I had asked my lawyer and she has given me the guidelines for the same.

1. Non Availability of Certificate from the place of birth.
2. Affidavit signed by your relative (from 2 different people who are seven years older than you..could be uncle, aunt or your parents)

If you apply for duplicate Birth Certificate and you are able to get it, then no need to apply for Non Availability of Certificate. But if the Birth certificate is obtained after 2000, then it has to be accompanied by two different affidavits signed by your relative/parents.

Please note : This is the information that I have got from my lawyer. You can use it according to your situation. I am attaching a document with instructions.

I have not yet submitted the response for my RFE of Birth Certificate. Will be doing it soon.

Hope this helps !

hi

which name do we have to mention in the "Requestors name" in the non-avaliability certificate ??