I 485 RFE and job offer pending

zCool

Registered Users (C)
I am a passive reader of this forum for a long time and greatly respect knowledge and helpful attitude here,

I received the RFE on 485 for both myself and my wife. Currently we have only received the the email and notice will be sent to my lawyer

Details:
Company:p Consulting for Programmer/Analyst-LC sub in 3/07:
I140 approved 04/07:
Applied for I485 in 07/07

timeline:
04/07-02/09 - P Consulting (My GC Sponsor) :
03/2/09-03/10/09-H Consulting (applied for H1 Tranfer and didn't respond to h1 transfer RFE and that probably triggered 485 RFE):
3/11/09 04/10/09-Jobless: from 04/13/09- EAD with company E

Now I have PERMANANT offer as s/w Dev with a big company in that I was planning to start from 5/4/2009, they are aware of the fact that they may have to give letter in support of my pending GC

I am confused as to what should be my next steps:
Can I still join them?
What is the less risky option?
Keep working with current company? (I haven't informed them of pending offer)
I very much appreciate any help you can provide.

Last edited by a moderator:
I think you can go ahead and join the new company.
Also provide the new job offer letter and a letter (and proof) from yourself (or your previous company) in response to that RFE.

If possible can you stretch out the dates from Feb to April just for mentioning it in the letter.

I think you can go ahead and join the new company.
Also provide the new job offer letter and a letter (and proof) from yourself (or your previous company) in response to that RFE.

If possible can you stretch out the dates from Feb to April just for mentioning it in the letter.

Sorry I don't understand, which letter and proof from myself can I provide?
What dates can be streched?

I am a passive reader of this forum for a long time and greatly respect knowledge and helpful attitude here,

I received the RFE on 485 for both myself and my wife. Currently we have only received the the email and notice will be sent to my lawyer

Details:
Company:p Consulting for Programmer/Analyst-LC sub in 3/07:
I140 approved 04/07:
Applied for I485 in 07/07

timeline:
04/07-02/09 - P Consulting (My GC Sponsor) :
03/2/09-03/10/09-H Consulting (applied for H1 Tranfer and didn't respond to h1 transfer RFE and that probably triggered 485 RFE):
3/11/09 04/10/09-Jobless: from 04/13/09- EAD with company E

Now I have PERMANANT offer as s/w Dev with a big company in that I was planning to start from 5/4/2009, they are aware of the fact that they may have to give letter in support of my pending GC

I am confused as to what should be my next steps:
Can I still join them?
------Yes You should be able to.
What is the less risky option?
------I dont think there are much risks involved here. But it is always better to get the RFE for H1 clarified at the earliest (if it is recent and is within the response timeframe). The clearer your file is, the better. Goes without saying.

Keep working with current company? (I haven't informed them of pending offer)
------You can chose to do so, regardless the RFEs need to be addressed. Can't afford to sit back at this juncture.
I very much appreciate any help you can provide.
------RFEs usually come with a 30-45day response period, by the end of which they should receive the additional documentation for evidence. You can chose to switch to Employer E, and immediately get an employment letter stating your position, skills and duties etc, so that it will fall in line with your pending 485. Make sure that preferably there is no gap between your H and E employments.

It turned out to be RFE for 2 more copies of BC and marriage cert.!

I have provided the docs to lawyer and asked them to send ASAP