I-485 Request for Initial Evidence

Dan Romcebo

We sent the Application for I-485 but when we check the status of the application online all you see is this...

On September 29, 2017, we mailed a request for initial evidence for your Form I-485, Application to Register Permanent Residence or to Adjust Status, Receipt Number xxxxxxxxxxxx. The request for evidence explains what we need from you. We will not take action on your case until we receive the evidence or the deadline to submit it expires. Please follow the instructions in the request for evidence. If you do not receive your request for evidence by October 29, 2017, please go to USCIS web and inquiry about a notice that you did not receive.

We went to the USCIS Office in our city but they told us they cant do anything all the see on the computer is that they need a birth certificate translated so we sent one original and the translated once attached with it.
it has been almost 3 months and we have no answers from USCIS, we also did 4 inquiry about a notice that we did not receive but no luck. Let me know if anyone is experience the same problem.

Thank you

We sent the Application for I-485 but when we check the status of the application online all you see is this...

On September 29, 2017, we mailed a request for initial evidence for your Form I-485, Application to Register Permanent Residence or to Adjust Status, Receipt Number xxxxxxxxxxxx. The request for evidence explains what we need from you. We will not take action on your case until we receive the evidence or the deadline to submit it expires. Please follow the instructions in the request for evidence. If you do not receive your request for evidence by October 29, 2017, please go to USCIS web and inquiry about a notice that you did not receive.

We went to the USCIS Office in our city but they told us they cant do anything all the see on the computer is that they need a birth certificate translated so we sent one original and the translated once attached with it.
it has been almost 3 months and we have no answers from USCIS, we also did 4 inquiry about a notice that we did not receive but no luck. Let me know if anyone is experience the same problem.

Thank you

Dan, famsnaz, any updates on your side? how long did it take after you provided the document to USCIS?
I receive same notice after 6 months from the time i submitted my I-485 and id like to know how much more should i wait after I submit the document they requested.
Thank you.