I-485 Rejected..

vsanjeev

I need help here ..
I filed for my I-485 in the month of April 2001 and it got rejected
This is what the INS notice said.

Your I-485 application has been rejected.
Before you check your I-485 documentation with the service ,
you must address the grounds for rejection as noted below and ensure that a visa number is immediately available to you.Information regarding visa availability may be obtained from Department of State telephone number 202-663-1541.
Your application is based on an immigrant classification for which a visa number is not immediately available.
Because your form I-485 cannot be accepted ,all related applications such as Form I-131 ,Form I-765 and application for family members also are being returned .

Guys is there any one who can shed some light.

was your pd current when u filed ??

Check whether your pd was current when you filed the 485. I think that most probably in April 2001 your pd was not current and you filed the 485 and INS rejected it as PD was not current

No Title

That\'s exactly right. You just need to wait till your PD becomes current to file again. No big deal. Patience!

No Title

well hope its priority date being current issue.
Check if your H1B was still valid when you applied or ur Passport.
Also make sure you had ur latest copy I94 sent to them...

From info what u have put looks like a case of missing or incorrect HIB info

Yup!

You should not only have been rejected - but also ejected for being such an idiot! There\'s no excuse for not knowing the right information in day and age.

This forum is for help. not to abuse anybody.

We have to learn from other\'s mistake. At this stage, he needs help.

No Title

Yes sir..i should have been rejected but it is very sad that people like you do not realise the a person\'s plite before making a comment like that.
and these forums are for helping out each other when there is a problem.

Still anyway thanks for your KIND help..

No Title

Yes sir..i should have been rejected but it is very sad that people like you do not realise the a person\'s plite before making a comment like that.
and these forums are for helping out each other when there is a problem.
Still anyway thanks for your KIND help..

What plight?

What plight are you referring to? Not like you\'re in deep sh**!!! Or being thrown out of the US. I completely agree that this forum is to help other folks. But I\'m also a strong believer in self-help being the best help.

This forum has TONs of information about what one needs to do and when about getting a GC. If you didn\'t find out from this bulletin board that it was premature to apply for a GC when your date wasn\'t current, then you\'re an IDIOT!!! Patience is a virtue. You may wantot wait till your date become current before applying. There are plenty of folks here who have been waiting for several years - and waited their turn before sending in an application. You might want to consider doing that as well.

No Title

People like you should be paraded naked with a tag of "smart ass". Get a life and if you don\'t know how to be sympathetic to someone, then keep your mouth shut.

No Title

HVN:

Wait till it is your turn to make a mistake and have people making smart comments at you. Oh yes, even after doing any amount of research you can make a silly mistake - because you are a human being.

Anyway, I believe the real IDIOT is not the one who makes mistakes like vsanjeev did, but rather those who increase traffic to this wonderful site by making umprovoked rude and completely useless replies to legitimate concerns.

Cut it out guys... you have more important things to do than do this !!!

The issue has been resolved, the person was asking for info, he got it. What\'s the point in carrying this further ? We all have more important things to do than argue like this !!!

The issue..

Yes...It is just a priority date issue..Nothing to worry about..
Since now I believe everything is current, you should be able to submit the application without any problems...