I-485 reciept notice

vjp1

Attorney filed my I-485 application on August 27th at the California Service Center, have not recieved the reciept notice yet. How long does it take normally to get the reciept notice???

vjp1 said:
Attorney filed my I-485 application on August 27th at the California Service Center, have not recieved the reciept notice yet. How long does it take normally to get the reciept notice???
---- 10-20 days, check with Attorney, reciept will come to him/her

Well i checked with attorney few days ago so far he hasnt got it. I know in the past it has taken usually 1-2 weeks for some of my friends who had applied. Just wanted to check if anyone here in the same situation? thanks...

My 140/485/ead/ap was sent on Aug 30th. No receipt yet. Mine is in CSC also. Did you only do 485 or 140 as well?

vjp1 said:
Well i checked with attorney few days ago so far he hasnt got it. I know in the past it has taken usually 1-2 weeks for some of my friends who had applied. Just wanted to check if anyone here in the same situation? thanks...

Srikann

We should keep each other in touch as we have the same date our application was sent. Are you EB2/3? and how about ur 140? I am EB2.. and I have applied for everything including 140.

I'm the derivative. My husband's 140 is already approved. His 485/EAD/AP were filed in Feb'04, and he has already got his EAD/AP.

I only hope the notice date for us is sometime in the first week of september, and this delay in the receipt notice reaching us doesn't mean the WAC no. hasn't still been alloted. If, only mailing the receipt notice has been delayed, then we should be receiving the FP notice in a week or so.

srikann said:
I'm the derivative. My husband's 140 is already approved. His 485/EAD/AP were filed in Feb'04, and he has already got his EAD/AP.

I only hope the notice date for us is sometime in the first week of september, and this delay in the receipt notice reaching us doesn't mean the WAC no. hasn't still been alloted. If, only mailing the receipt notice has been delayed, then we should be receiving the FP notice in a week or so.
I do not think the delay in getting receipt has anything to do with availability of WAC#s. I still have not received my receipt.. Just checked with the lawyer.. However, I got finger print notice in mail yesterday.. and I got it done early today :)

I didn't mean the availability of WAC's.. what i meant was that if our application was still not acknowledged as received, we wouldnt have a WAC#... if it were acknowledged as received, but, only mailing the recs. got delayed, then we are saved... good that you have got your FP notice.. lemme go check my mail...

I filed conccurently I-140/I-485/EAD at Vermont on August 24th and no receipt day as of now. I know they recieved it the same day (fedex tracker) but no reciept yet. Worried...

I would not worry much - i heard from my lawyers that it is taking them longer to send the receipt - more than 2-3 weeks.

Well, I do know now that Vermont recieved the application and that they have cleared money orders on the 31st of August. These were not checks, so I still do not know the reciept number. However, does anybody know what this date is? Can you call it last updated or something like that?

If you made payment by check and also you can access your bank online, you should find your receipt number on the back of your check immediately after INS deposited and processed. It ususally takes less than three days after they receive your application files.

True, but I mailed money orders, so all I can find out is if they have been cashed. And thay have been. There are no other comments on that transaction. So I just have to wait until tomorrow, when it will be exactly 30 days since I have filed and then will call the center to request the receipt number.

sharley said:
If you made payment by check and also you can access your bank online, you should find your receipt number on the back of your check immediately after INS deposited and processed. It ususally takes less than three days after they receive your application files.

Hmm, just sent an email to ask my lawyer to try. Hope I will get it soon.

My application was filed on Aug 27th as well. I received my receipt from the attorney yesterday (Sept 23rd). I checked the USCIS website and they have updated it yesterday and have apparently mailed me my finger print notice as well.