I 485 Receipt

bajmera

Registered Users (C)
I hear lot of story about Texas Service Center.

Can anyone predict how long it takes to get I 485 receipt from Texas Service Center and who gets it me or my company.

Thanks

upto Two weeks normaly. some cases upto 4 weeks,

The Attorney will get the receipt if he submitted ur pettition.

if u don't hear anything and 30 days gone contact to Attorney or ur company HR.

Good Luck

Nowadays, TSC seems to be pretty responsive with receipt notices. The notice goes to the lawyer not to beneficiary (like FP notices). If its been more than 3 weeks or a month, I would get worried and start by tracking the application package. I would also check if the cashed the fee (cancelled checks)

Thanks

too_long said:
Nowadays, TSC seems to be pretty responsive with receipt notices. The notice goes to the lawyer not to beneficiary (like FP notices). If its been more than 3 weeks or a month, I would get worried and start by tracking the application package. I would also check if the cashed the fee (cancelled checks)

Thanks for very fast response. My company has sent application so they should get it in next two or three weeks.

I485 Receipt

Here is something which happened with a friend of mine. Company Attorney filed I485 on Apr 1st 2004. The Attorney did not get back to him with the receipt copy until June and then realized that they do not have a receipt for him(Primary Applicant) after checking their records. They conveniently told him we do not have it call BCIS Customer Service and give your A# and get the information. He called BCIS Customer Service and they asked him all sorts of questions for 10 mins and finally said they would mail him a copy of the Receipt Notice with 30 days. In 2 weeks time he got the notice from TSC.

hereinusa thanks for sharing exp, thats why I always advice ppl

1. Always make copy of all ur Pettitions/RFE/any doc u/ur attorney sent.
2. Just don't depend on others to do work for u. Double check it.
3. Always keep in touch with attorney/comp Attorney. offenly visit there not just call and sit.
4. keep update urself about ur pettiton/case status.

Good Luck