I-485 Receipt notice delay

andyadhi

Registered Users (C)
Hi,

I filed my I-485 petition with the fees and documents the package was delivered in USCIS lockboz at Phoenix on 04/12/10. However, I have not received notice yet and check has not been cashed. My attorney says that these days there is 30-60 day delay in issuing receipt notice. Is this normal? Can anybody share their experience about this?

Also, how long does it typically take to get the EAD and AP after they send the receipt notice?

Thanks!

My attorney mailed it and USCIS received it more than a month back in their lockbox. They have not chased the check or contacted us in any way. So I am wondering if this is normal delay or something is unusual.

receipt delay

Hello

I'm on the same boat. I sent my I-485 packet on 04/30/2010. I still haven't received any receipt. When I contacted my attorney regarding this - I was told its because of 'CIS has implemented a new filing location system'.

Hope we get it soon.

regards

No receipt notice either...

Hello,

I submitted my I-485 application to Dallas Lockbox and it was received on August 23rd, 2010. I am still waiting for a receipt number and the checks haven't been cashed yet...

Do you know for sure if this new lockbox system is delaying timeline? Because I have been reading on previous experiences and they all seem to have received the receipt notices 2 or 3 weeks after submitting.

Any help will be welcome!

our package was received in Chicago in the last week of August. We received receipt notice and checks were cashed about a week later. we now have our fingerprint notice which was issued on September 9th .

we did the forms ourselves, and did not use an attorney. we sent the package by priority mail with tracking, and it was delivered about 2 days after mailing.