I-485 Receipt Date

mygc2002

Registered Users (C)
Hello Friends,

We filed our I-485 (AOS) in July 2001, Recieved Finger Print Notice in November 29 2001.
Our Lawyer however says we do not have a Receipt Notice(RD,ND).
We do have our EAD Cards.
Please advise how to get the RECEIPT Notice ?
Basically I want to check the AVM(Automated voice message)
at vermont service center by punching in my EAC Number.
If I give my EAD Number\'s EAC it says "file not found".

Thanks
GC

Use the A#

My $0.02:
Use the A# in the EAD card to speak about with an IIO. It might probably help the IIO search for your record faster. The EAD may not be tied to a 485 application, but the A# may be. Good luck.

Even your last name should be fine

I got mine using my last name. But speak to the IIO very politely and request her to give your EAC# saying that you have not recieved your receipt in last \'n\' months .. As long as you are polite they are helpful.

Receipt Notice

Thank you guys.
I am going tomorrow to the Local INS office.
It is advisable to go to the local INS office
to go at 4 am they are saying.

IIO=? Please advise.

Thanks
GC

There is another way...

IIO is Immigration Information Officer - Basically the customer service rep at Vermont Service Center (VSC).

Call VSC at 802-527-4913. You can track your case by calling this number and then punching your EAC# (Automated System). As you do not know your EAC# (i.e. Receipt #), you have to speak with an IIO by calling VSC. Tell IIO that you have your alien # (you\'ll find it on your EAD - It\'s called A#). The IIO will find your EAC# and tell you.

Important - IIOs work from Mon-Fri from 8:00 am to 4:00 pm EST. Also, the VSC phone number is always busy during this time so you\'ve to try really hard - use redial and try to get through the line.

Wish you goodluck!

***Gotcha***

Thanks for your help GUYS.

I got the receipt Number.

The line was real busy got through however.

IIO told me that it will be another 6-8 weeks, before we may hear
anything from them.

Right Now they are processing Mid-May it seems.

Thanks
GC
(Have GC Be mErry)

Finger Print Notice also has the EAC#. my_gc_2002, is it the same as the one you got from IIO?

What "Approved" means?

I called number and it saied "Your case has been approved". What does it mean??? I am very confused.

Depends on which EAC number u gave.

My 2 Cents:
1.)FP EAC Number is different from the one INS Gave me.

2.)If you check ur FP EAC number then it will say approved
means that the FP notice has been sent

3.)You have to look for your I485 EAC and get that APPROVED.

GC
Have Gc Be MerrY