I-485 receipt date from year 2002 pending-Any Tracking?

ArchiJAT

Registered Users (C)
Dear All,

Ther might already be a tracker here somewhere (and if there is please...please forward me the link) but if not I would like to ask people who are also waiting for their EB2 I-485's from the year Nov/Dec 2002 timeline and yet to be approved to add to this thread;

[Infact I see mails here from 2003 panicking/waiting for their approval...and that makes me panick even more! :( ]

Also and on a side note; I wonder how helpful is tracking anything (except a lil' peace of mind) cause doesn't this name check thing put a spanner in the wheel for any kind of processing dates? Or is there even a method to the madness (in time tracking) for even these FP's and name checks???

Anyways, here are my details...if the ones in the same boat (and/or around the same timeline) could provide their inputs too...it would be nice! THANKS... :)

NOTE: For those that are more knowledegable abt the process...my question is; Considering my application date: 2002; should I start worrying real bad???... [also very confused as to how the whole priority dates thing work? Please advise]

EB2 Category
I-485/I-140 RD-Dec 2002
I-140 Appoved- July 2003
FP-Jan 2005
485 AD-???

same boat

Hi There,
My 485 was filed in Sep 2002 (EB2). Same story...waiting on name checks...
I have showed all the emotions that are possible and acted on them but of no use. Now, I am just waiting for some miracle to happen.

Good Luck

kris_t100 said:
Hi There,
My 485 was filed in Sep 2002 (EB2). Same story...waiting on name checks...
I have showed all the emotions that are possible and acted on them but of no use. Now, I am just waiting for some miracle to happen.

Good Luck

Kris,
when you say you have done everything possible....what all have you done? please advise; I haven't done anything other than the cold calling over the phone the USCIS customer center and/or checking the online status (which by the way are the same answers I get!)

How do you know yours is at name checks now? Are you doing anything extra about it???

Actually I found that my case is in name checks by following up thru senator's office.
But I found an easy way y'day to find out about the actual case status. When you call USCIS, national customer service, when you get to the point where you have to choose the option that your case has been pending for more than blah...blah to talk to customer rep, there instead of pressing that option , choose the option which says "if you have multiple application filed for family and if you believe they are lost in tracking or whatever"....that option will put you thru the Texas Service Center Rep and they are the ones that told me yday that my name checks are sent in Mar 05 and are still pending..Good luck...

just in case, if your's is also name check problem, here is the link that is a must read..to followup on it..

http://www.immigrationportal.com/showthread.php?t=136848&highlight=check+approved+wife

kris_t100 said:
Actually I found that my case is in name checks by following up thru senator's office.
But I found an easy way y'day to find out about the actual case status. When you call USCIS, national customer service, when you get to the point where you have to choose the option that your case has been pending for more than blah...blah to talk to customer rep, there instead of pressing that option , choose the option which says "if you have multiple application filed for family and if you believe they are lost in tracking or whatever"....that option will put you thru the Texas Service Center Rep and they are the ones that told me yday that my name checks are sent in Mar 05 and are still pending..Good luck...

just in case, if your's is also name check problem, here is the link that is a must read..to followup on it..

http://www.immigrationportal.com/showthread.php?t=136848&highlight=check+approved+wife

Thanks will do...............
Hope I get the same kind of nice representative like you did! :eek:

One more thing Kris,
What is this priority Date deal and how does it work/ affect/indicate relevance to our application? (since you are in the same brackett/time as me...what is our PD, and how many times does it change?)

Last edited by a moderator:
Priority Dates!?!

...Also guru's please help:

What is this priority date thing and how do you look at it in relation to your own filing?
Also, how many times do the PD change? I am just wondering if that is any indicator for me to start pulling my hair out even more in frustration!!! :mad:

EB2
I-485/I-140 RD-Dec 2002
I-140 AD-July 2003
FP-Jan 2005
485 Approval-???