I-485 questions

Jessie Wang

Registered Users (C)
I am going to file I-485 by the end of this month.

1) Since I live in an apartment and move around frequently, so I am thinking to use a P.O. Box address instead of a residential address. But my lawyer told me it\'s better to use a residential address. Any previous approved case using P.O. Box address?

2) I am living in Bay area and sending my filing to CSC center. I heard if the address is in San Francisco INS office region, the process time is much faster than those filed in San Jose local INS office. Is that true?

Any feedback would be appreciated.

I don\'t know about PO Box

but if you live SFO jurisdiction, you will get the FP notice faster than SJC/OAK....as for approval time, doing FP ahead of others might help if "doing early fp helps in faster approval" theory is true.....but just \'cause you belong to SFO INS, it\'ll not expedite your approval process...hope it helps

Hi Jessie Wang

1. PO Box may not work. I don\'t think INS accepts PO box as a valid address. Instead you can get a box from Mail-Boxes Etc. I am pretty sure this is a valid way of giving address ( Mail-Boxes etc may cost more than PO box from USPS ).

2. If you give a Mail-box etc in the East Bay or SF, your case will be treated as belonging to SF jurisdiction and you might get faster FP notices.

hope this helps

Tamizhan