I-485 Question

stupe72

Registered Users (C)
I have a question.
I received my AOS approval notice (dated 10/02/03 ) BY FAX ( the senator's office I contacted sent me a copy of the notice by fax ), but I haven't received the "original " by mail yet.
Can I go with the faxed copy to the BCIS office to get my passport stamped?
How long does it usually take after approval to receive the copy in the mail??
In the approval notice I don't see anything that says to bring pictures, are they required??

thank you

:confused: :confused:

I have a question.
I received my AOS approval notice (dated 10/02/03 ) BY FAX ( the senator's office I contacted sent me a copy of the notice by fax ), but I haven't received the "original " by mail yet.

--- They may take some time and wait for it also check with your lawyer if he received it
Can I go with the faxed copy to the BCIS office to get my passport stamped?

---- You can try and BCIS officer can check the computer system
how long does it usually take after approval to receive the copy in the mail??
--- Dear, it depends on the service centers. Generally 10-15 days. You should also check BCIS online status and take the printout with you if you plan to visit local BCIS office before you recieve the Orignal copy from BCIS.
In the approval notice I don't see anything that says to bring pictures, are they required??
----- Better take the pictures with you

thank you for your reply.
unfortunately I don't have a lawyer and second I never received a receipt number so I cannot check the status online.
I'm pretty sure that they should accept the faxed copy becuase it is exactly the same letter with approval stamp and all, but you know with the BCIS you are always in for surprises:rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Your faxed copy should have a receipt number. You can use that to print your approval online.

Your case stupefies me--I had read your submission earlier and kept quiet, hoping you will get your approval by mail. You may have got this by now and your questions answered.
Just curious--how did you contact your senator if you do not have a receipt number, although INS does access files by Alien number.
Also the notice faxed may have been from the Center to the senator as information, not the approval notice per se.
Do let me know when matters are settled.

FInally i GOT APPROVED! the letter the senator's office faxed me was an exact copy of the approval letter with stamp and all..
I found out my case was not updated so to them I was not approved.
I had to go and talk to the officer who approved my case and have her stamp my pp ( after "arguing" with the first officer I talked to in arlington..)