I-485 Query Needs help!

Raj titto

Registered Users (C)
I called AVM to check my I-485 case, and it says my case along with my spouse case transferred to Local INS
for further processing, I donno why.
Did anybody come across this type of transferred case and got approved recently? And I would like to know the
possible reasons to transfer the cases to local INS. Any help appreciated.

Thanks In Advance....

Details !!

Receipt data : 04/19/2001
Notice Date : 05/04/2001

Hope this is what you might be asking...

There may not be particular reason

Hi,

There may not be particular reason for transfer. INS usually transfers 10% of cases to Local INS for processing. Sometime INS issues RFE& if they are not satisfied with the response then they will do local transfer for setting up an interview.

Local processing should not be a bad thing, as now your case is handled locally. Local INS will send you an appointment letter & will call for interview.

I have seen many approvals after local transfer on this board. So don\'t worry & hang in there.

By the way what is your city & state?

Achiever

Thanks for the note..

Hope for the best..

I am from Minneapolis...
why any problems with minneapolis INS :)

I-485 Transfer to Local INS ???

I called AVM to check my I-485 case, and it says my case along with my spouse case
  transferred to Local INS
  for further processing, I donno why.
  Did anybody come across this type of transferred case and got approved recently? And I
  would like to know the
  possible reasons to transfer the cases to local INS. Any help appreciated.

Thanks In Advance....

Raj - Very simillar situation - from MN

Raj Titto,

I too heard that my case was transferred to local INS office(MN) y\'day. My dates are also very close to yours. Do you have any further info on possible reasons for transfer or about MN INS ?? Why don\'t we be in touch so that we can update each otehr about our findings ?
If interested send me an email to \'sagit_nk@yahoo.com\'

Did u receive the transfer notice ?

NK

Transferred to Local INS - MN

AVM says for both myself & my wife\'s case are being transferred to LocalMN INS office on Mar 13th.

1) When can i expect the transfer notice (is it depending on the work load at these respective local INS office or do they follow std time period ?)

2) Can i go directly to local INS office to enquire based on this AVM alone (it\'s just right next to my work place)

3) anyone else from MN is in the simillar situation ? (may be we can be in touch)

4) Any approvals after the local interviews ???

My details :
PD : 6/00
ND : 5/01
RD : 5/01
FP : 6/01
NSC
Lin : 01-179-5*****