I-485 Prosessing Date Aug 19 @ VSC

smurthy8

Registered Users (C)
Guys,

Today i checked online and found that VSC Processing date for I-485 has been changed to Aug 19 2004. My RD for I-485 is Aug 16 , does that means VSC is processing all the the cases filed before this date ?
I had filed in EB-3 category and was wondering whether i should expect some news soon ? Kindly post your openion so that my doubts are cleared

thanks

Anil

Last edited by a moderator:
smurthy8 said:
Guys,

Today i checked online and found that VSC Processing date for I-485 has been changed to Aug 19 2004. My RD for I-485 is Aug 16 , does that means VSC is processing all the the cases filed before this date ?
I had filed in EB-3 category and was wondering whether i should expect some news soon ? Kindly post your openion so that my doubts are cleared

thanks

Anil
U r stuck now as all visas are currently UNAVAILABLE for EB3 category[since u r Indian citizen].

Not exactly true

fast_gc_seeker said:
U r stuck now as all visas are currently UNAVAILABLE for EB3 category[since u r Indian citizen].

Clarification: all EB3 applicants are stuck. Nothing to do with being Indian Citizen. Being Indian citizen would affect you, only if your priority date is not before the retrogression date. EB3 will be available back in October 2005. Till then all EB3 applications will be stuck.

Will Retrogression effect me ?

Thanks for the info friends. but won't the Retrogression affect me ? as my
PR date of Labour is Dec 2003 &
RD for I485 is 16 th Aug 2004 but
VSC is processing Aug 19 I-485 cases
So do i hope to get news about I-485 status in Oct when the EB3 visas will be available again ? irrespective of retrogression
Kindly drop in your thoughts which will be beneficial for all EB3 guys

Anil

I think in October when the dates retrogress further which can be anywhere from Oct 2001 to somewhere in 2002 they will start processing applications according to labor PD and not according to receipt dates of I485, thats what my guess is and i think thats what would be fair for all who have old priority dates.

so for eg if the PD retrogress to Oct 2001 in Oct 2005 then all the I485 applications whose labor PD is before Oct 2001 would be looked at

Well don't you think that only looking at PD will lead to Labor trading by Desi companies? BEcause they will be going for substitute labor.
:confused: :confused:
In fact they should be looking at combination of PD & RD both. But this is my thinking. THey are more intelligent ( :rolleyes: ) ppl.