I-485 processing time for asylee if you can read chinese

It means if the law doesn't change, We still need wait for a long time.

Basically, it means there are 96,000 I-485 adjustment cases need to be processed. The left column of the dates are the dates those cases filed. The right column of the dates are the dates INS think they can process those cases.

keagles, these numbers looks realistic. What is the source of this info (if it was specified). This is the first time that somebody actually estimated dates (although we already new about the wait). Anybody has any suggestions what to do? I already wrote to my representatives (all of them), and no answer … Is it time to organize guys? Wait for another 3, 4 or 5 years is just ridiculous. Long live freedom … ???:confused:

What could we do?

The article I posted is from a law office called Liang Yong. It said INS announced this. I myself filed my I485 case this January and I think I need wait for another 10 years to get GC. I called my lawyer and he told me I might get my GC faster (Maybe he just try to to make me feel better).I really don't know what can we do. I might ask my company sponsor me GC through employment. I think our only hope is bill S.1311 and HR 4074. Bad thing is congressmen spend most of their time dealing with terrorists and economic and our voice is not strong enough to get their attention. Some senior member here (like Time Zheng) suggested some methods to get attention of congress like write to your senator, tell your story to media etc. Another way I can think of is setup a website and everyone who care our issue can assign their name to support us. If we can get 10,000 signatures we might improve our situation a bit. How do you guys think?
Plus: Bill status for s.1211 and HR4074

http://thomas.loc.gov/cgi-bin/bdquery/z?d107:s.01311:

The problem is even bigger!!!

I talked to my lawyer, and he said that is not easy to switch from this type of visa (immigrant) to an employment based visa (non-immigrant), does anybody know anything about it???:(
It's ridiculous to wait 12 years to get GC.

Petition ?? :)

Here is the free petition that we can start. If at least 10% of 96000 people waiting on the list sign and at least one of their friends .... guess the number. We can at least start with this. I will be out for three weeks, but if nothing is set up by then, I will personally start it when I come back from my vacation. I think this is a long shot, but it is a worth trying. I think we can get a lot of signatures, but we have to came up with the story. Can someone write a good letter that we can include in the e-mails and on the petition site. It should include everybody’s case, like asylum, waiting for the spouse and some other unjust situation that we face in everyday life, and trust me, there are people who care and who will sign. After we have enough signatures, then we can see what to do after that. What do you think guys? We have to try something. I’m waiting since Dec ’99 and it is killing me … Imagine people before me. At least we will feel better that we tried something. Here is the link. Let’s set up a letter first, and then we will set up free petition at: http://www.petitiononline.com
If you want guys, I can collect emails from you and I will write final letter, but I won’t be able to start on it until August 19. So let’s say ... Send me an email what do you think it should be included in the petition, and when I come back, I will finalize letter and post it here for your guys approval. Come on, we need a lot of responses here guys. Don’t just read this msgboard, respond. I’m setting up new mail for this. Write me at asylumhelp@bosnanetradio.com
Let me know what do you think, and if it is good idea, let’s set up new tread with my mail so that people can start sending me mails.

Hi,
I'm new here. Interesting site, lots of useful info.
My question to you all would be if anyone has a case similar to mine:
Asylum granted June 19, 1997
I-485 filed on Sept. 14 1998

Naturally, I already paid for my fingerprints back in 1998.
To date i have not received an invitation for fingerprints.

Twice wrote to INS and to two local (MD) senators to expedite the procedures. The answer from INS is that in due time they'll invite me for fingerprints. Seems like my case is stalled.

So far it's not clear to me if my case will be addressed even next year with that 10.000 /per year quota in place.

In the meantime I need to travel back to my homecountry to visit an ailing parent. My lawyer suggested filing an advance parol petition.. Doesn't that mean though that my status would be changing from that of "asylee" to "advanced parol holder"??? If so, any advantages/disadvantages in doing that for expediting the Green Card receipt???

I LOVE THE IDEA OF WRITING A PETITION TO CONGRESS. LET's DO IT!

Thanks for any input.

Travel Back

Marusenka,

It seems to me that you are very close to receive your GC, probably a little more than 1 year.
On the other hand, travelling to your home country can be risky to your status.
As far as I know, you don't need an advance parole, what you need is a RTD, and when you come back, you have to demostrate compelling reasons, showing why you travelled to your country. It will be at INS officer's discretion to let you in.
I understand that you have been waiting for a long time, and sometimes you have to make decisions.

Let us know your decision and the results.

Good Luck!!!!

applying for citizenship

I heard that one can apply for citizenship even before they got their I-485. Has anyone done that and received citizenship before the green card????

Re: applying for citizenship

Originally posted by marusenka
I heard that one can apply for citizenship even before they got their I-485. Has anyone done that and received citizenship before the green card????

THIS IS ABSOLUTELY NOT CORRECT. ASYLEES NEED TO WAIT FOR FOUR YEARS AFTER GETTING THEIR GREEN CARDS.

Hi, Marusenka
We seem to be in exactly the same situation. Where are you? I am in NY. Email me, if you want to compare notes.
Anya.

let's communicate

Anya, I'd be glad to exchange notes with you, but your e-mail on the site is inaccessible. Would you like to send me a direct e-mail first to marusenka@hotmail.com to initiate the conversation?

Talk to you soon. I'm in Maryland.