I-485 processing/Fingerprinting

esh_nyc

Registered Users (C)
I am from UK and my wife (from India) and we have filed for a green card under EB-3 (employment based) category with priority date February 7, 2007
Our I-140 has been approved and it has been more than 180 days since I have filed for the I-485.
AP & EAD are current.

I am the primary.
LC filed under my name.
I-140 filed by the employer for me.
We are one Advance Parole and EAD.

Questions:

Fingerprinting:

1. We both did our fingerprinting on Oct 24, 2007. Now I have received another appointment to do the fingerprinting. Is this normal?
2. Is it normal that only one person (myself) has received the letter to redo the fingerprinting?
3. How does this affect the overall process?

I-485 approval:

1. Will we both have our I-485 processed together when the visa number are current?
2. Will my wife be in the ‘India category’ for visa number?

Any help and comments would be appreciated.

Thanks

Please see my response in-line below.

Fingerprinting:

1. We both did our fingerprinting on Oct 24, 2007. Now I have received another appointment to do the fingerprinting. Is this normal?
USCIS should be reusing biometrics as they now have a system to store and resuse but well, it is USCIS and they can do whatever they want.
2. Is it normal that only one person (myself) has received the letter to redo the fingerprinting?
Maybe yours was unreadable and needed to be retaken.
3. How does this affect the overall process?
It does not affect your overall processing one way or the other.

I-485 approval:

1. Will we both have our I-485 processed together when the visa number are current?
Usually they try to keep family applications together but sometime they do get separated. Also sometimes there is an RFE on one of the application and one is completed before the other.
2. Will my wife be in the ‘India category’ for visa number?
No, since she is applying as your derivative her visa number availability will depend on the primary applicant. You could in theory get processed under your wife's country of birth but I assume in this case you wouldn't want to do that.

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks for your prompt response Fromnaija. How do I know if there is an RFE on either one of us?