I-485 Processing Date in California - rolled back one year?

paulsha911

Registered Users (C)
Hi:

I was tracking the I-485 processing dates. It went all the way up to May 2006 as of Dec 2006. And then in January, it regress back to Sept 2005.

Is that a mistake?

Our filing date is June, so we were eagerly waiting for our I-485 approvals. If we have to wait another year, we might make decision to move back to Canada.

Any help is appreciated!

Paul

I-485 Processing dates - CSC

HI,

I think it is a typo issue, but you never know...

Regards

paulsha911 said:
Hi:

I was tracking the I-485 processing dates. It went all the way up to May 2006 as of Dec 2006. And then in January, it regress back to Sept 2005.

Is that a mistake?

Our filing date is June, so we were eagerly waiting for our I-485 approvals. If we have to wait another year, we might make decision to move back to Canada.

Any help is appreciated!

Paul

I sure hope this is a typo myself. None of the other processing centers showed such a sudden difference lately.

I-485 Processing dates - CSC

HI,

I think it is a typo issue, but you never know...

Regards

paulsha911 said:
Hi:

Is that a mistake?

Any help is appreciated!

Paul

I noticed that too, in Decembers bulletin it showed Sept 2006 for I-485. Now, in January it shows Sept 2005. I would expect that its just a typo, there is no reason for the date to go backwards.

When did you get the FP done?

Hi,

We are in the same boat as you and I did notice that the processing date rolled back. I guess it's a typo.

Our filing date is June-2006 and priority date is current. However, after filing in June, I didn't see any communication from INS until last month when we received our 1st FP notice. We did the FP but the website doesn't update. It seems the website should update in within 48 hrs from time of finger printing. The Last update date in website is still june-2006.

How was the case with you?
Could this be a case of "name check" pending?
I assume the name check can be done even before finger printing.

rrmprof said:
Hi,

We are in the same boat as you and I did notice that the processing date rolled back. I guess it's a typo.

Our filing date is June-2006 and priority date is current. However, after filing in June, I didn't see any communication from INS until last month when we received our 1st FP notice. We did the FP but the website doesn't update. It seems the website should update in within 48 hrs from time of finger printing. The Last update date in website is still june-2006.

How was the case with you?
Could this be a case of "name check" pending?
I assume the name check can be done even before finger printing.

name check and Fp are separate things.
it took more than 2 months after i did FP to update the online status and my name check is still pending.

As of Feb 20th 485 Processing date @ CSC now shows August 21st 2006. So it looks like the 2005 date was in fact a typo.

Last edited by a moderator:
Possibly not a typo

I don't know if this means anything, but my relative applied in 2003 and was sent a notice that the USCIS office handling has been changed (to the Los Angeles office). The date they are now tracking is the date of that notice rather than the date of my relative's original application. On the bright side, that office is now handling cases they received in August 2006 and this notice was sent in September, so we're hoping this will be done in a month or so.

we applied for my husband in march 2005. . .still no news on his case.

we used the santa ana local office. we're in NY now.