I-485 processing and transfer to India

arvjai

Hi,

My I-485 was applied in Jan 2003. I am considering taking a transfer to India in the same company.

1. Is it possible that my processing continues even if I work from India ? How ?

2. If I plan to return to US in future do you anticipate any issues ?

Thanks!

Yes u can continue your 485 while being in India. The GC is for a future employment and all that is needed when you get an RFE is your employer verifying your EVL as per the terms of the approved 140.

Also try and keep your H status or if you are traveling out of the US ensure your don't goof on your AP dates and if your AP is expiring apply for a renewal when you are in the US and wait till the renewal is approved and only then leave the country

You cannot go out of the US with just applying for a AP renewal and get the AP posted by a friend to your India address.

So be careful, but also be confident that you can go to India while your 485 is being processed!

1) Yes your 485 application will keep continue to rot in BCIS store...just like ours... :D :D :D
a) unless your employer doesnt bitch about something when the RFE comes for EVL etcs.
b) you maintain a valid status coming back.

2) No as long are coming back on a valid status ( AP, h1)

Big problem would be your salary. Are u getting US salary in India?:D RFE might be a problem if u are not

No Problem

Hi arvjai,
I also underwent like you. I filed my I-485 and left US to India on the same month of Juuly 2001. I got RFE and my company lawyer replied. My comapny supported me.I got my Interview letter finally in March2003 and that time you have to procude the letter from your US comapny that you are working for them in India that letter is most important. Secondly You have to file the tax retrun as permanant resident. You must include your worlwide income in that.Otherwise it is not at a problem. Do not chagne your company.I got my GC (including the plsatic card ) by July 2003.
All the best.
Ram

No Problem

Hi arvjai,
I also underwent like you. I filed my I-485 and left US to India on the same month of Juuly 2001. I got RFE and my company lawyer replied. My comapny supported me.I got my Interview letter finally in March2003 and that time you have to produce the letter from your US company, that you are working for them in India , that letter is most important. Secondly You have to file the tax retrun as permanant resident. You must include your worldwide income in that.Otherwise it is not at a problem. Do not chagne your company.I got my GC (including the plsatic card ) by July 2003.
All the best.
Ram

Shouldnt be a problem. Our company has a lot if employess like that whose 140s reently approved. BTW, their salaries are almost 80 - 90% of the US salaries..:)