I-485 processing after interview

jonesramos

Registered Users (C)
My husband and I were married in August 2002, after which time, I immiediately filed my I-485, EAD, and AP applications. My receipt date is 8/26/02. My AP and EAD were issued in October 2002. I was fingerprinted in the beginning of December and my husband and I were interviewed in Chicago in mid-December. We were told at the end of the interview that our case was approvable, but due to increased security clearance, my passport could not be stamped that day and my case could not be fully processed. Apparently, the INS officers were not able to approve cases after November 20, 2002. I was told this was nationwide. I suspect it has something to do with the creation of the BCIS. Nearly 4 months have passed since then and I can't seem to get any answers from the national line and the local office won't return calls. Is anyone else experiencing the same thing. Best luck to all and thanks!

Unknown

I spoke with BCIS officer yesterday and inquired about similar delay in my case and was told that it could take from days to months. He personally has cases that still pending since October '02 and cases that were approved days after the interview. It seems to me that no one knows how long this process will take, and personally, I don't expect my case to be approved in less than six months. It just my take on this. GOOD LUCK TO YOU AND EVERYBODY WHO'S ON THE SAME BOAT.

I am in the same boat. Filed March 2002, had fingerprints around Juneish. Interview 19th November, had to provide some original documents. Case approved December 26th but put on hold for these new checks. Still waiting as of today.