I-485 Processed !!next steps ?

vsv9292

Registered Users (C)
Folks,

With immense satisfaction I would like to inform you that our 485's have been processed. Time line is as follows:

California Service Center
I-140: Applied - 3/10/03; Approved-10/1/03
I-485: Applied: 6/19/03: Approved - 10/1/04

Couple of quick clarofications from this forum :

The 485 approval notice requires us to go to local INS office in San Francisco for stamping BUT it has not specified any particular date. Basically it say that we can go on ANY day between 8.00am to 2.00PM !

1) Is that okay or do I need to call local SFO office for appointment ? OR How do I make an appointment ?

2) Can me and my wife both go together (she was primary applicant) ?

3) Original notice was mailed to our attorney and we were only provided with 'courtesy copies'. Do we need the original from our lawyer or office will be sufficient for stamping appt ?

Please accept my thanks & sincere regards to everybody in this forum to help me understand the whole process.

vsv9292 said:
Folks,

With immense satisfaction I would like to inform you that our 485's have been processed. Time line is as follows:

The 485 approval notice requires us to go to local INS office in San Francisco for stamping BUT it has not specified any particular date. Basically it say that we can go on ANY day between 8.00am to 2.00PM !

1) Is that okay or do I need to call local SFO office for appointment ? OR How do I make an appointment ?
You can go without making appointment during any time specified on your approval notice. Be there by 6 am, you will be out soon.

Yes, it is better to go together.

3) Original notice was mailed to our attorney and we were only provided with 'courtesy copies'. Do we need the original from our lawyer or office will be sufficient for stamping appt ?
Courtesy copy is OK. Carry all your old EAD/AP, PASSPORT and photos, DL, I-94.
Congratulations!! Good luck!

Please accept my thanks & sincere regards to everybody in this forum to help me understand the whole process.

As of Oct 1 you need to make an appt. You won't be allowed into the bldg w/o an appt. Go to the cis.gov webpage and click on the infoPASS link and follow directions from there.

You and your wife need to make separate appointments.

Courtesy copy is okay along with other supporting docs i.e AP, EAD's etc. However, some lawyers recommend taking the original notice as well.

wong561hb said:
As of Oct 1 you need to make an appt. You won't be allowed into the bldg w/o an appt. Go to the cis.gov webpage and click on the infoPASS link and follow directions from there.

You and your wife need to make separate appointments.

Courtesy copy is okay along with other supporting docs i.e AP, EAD's etc. However, some lawyers recommend taking the original notice as well.

I think you only need one infopass.
read this. I directly copied from infopass website:
You have received an approval letter or Form I-797C from the Service Center or local office instructing you to come into the office for alien identification card processing / passport stamp. Only one InfoPass appointment per family needed.

Thanks

vsv9292 said:
Folks,

Congrats ..
Could you please tell us what category you applied under ?
Is it EB3 or EB2 ..

vsv9292 said:
Folks,

First step -CELEBRATE :)