I-485 pending question

Murali singh

Can some one update me on the processing time for I-485.
My processing center is Vermont and I the state is VA.

My attorney filed for I-485 in August of 1998, and I got the receipt date as Sep 12, 1998. The category is EB2. I got my finger prints done in April of 1999.

Since then I have been waiting for I-485 to be processed. When I speak to the INS Officer the update I get is "its under review".

Is it just my application that\'s taking this long "or" there are others who are waiting too since Aug/Sep of 1998?

Thanks,
Murali
--

No Title

I-485 processing time for Vermont.

Can some one update me on the processing time for I-485.
My processing center is Vermont and I the state is VA.

My attorney filed for I-485 in August of 1998, and I got the receipt date as Sep 12, 1998. The category is EB2. I got my finger prints done in April of 1999.

Since then I have been waiting for I-485 to be processed. When I speak to the INS Officer the update I get is "its under review".

Is it just my application that\'s taking this long "or" there are others who are waiting too since Aug/Sep of 1998?

Thanks,
Murali
--

No Title

You will be better off talking to a senator or congressman about your case, and let them talk to INS. Just talk to them see if they help. I have seen some postings where it helped to speed the process. Since we are seeing approvals of Oct99 cases. You have right to pursue your case.
That is all I can say. For forms and numbers of congressman, check www.isn.org

No Title

If you have really been waiting since Aug, 1998, it is about 31 since you applied, and you really need to contact your congressman/senator. But if you have been waiting only since Aug, 1999, there are (still) quite a few of us here waiting for approvals. Of course, since it is past 540 days, you can still contact somebody to try & speed it up....